official 2012 combine discussion thread... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official 2012 combine discussion thread...

didnt see if he had benched yet. ran a pretty sloppy 40.. got off course slightly to his right a bit.. mayock was on his sack like stink on ****... 5.19 with a 1.77 split. 320# 33" arms

Not bad times at all with 28 reps . . . like I said . . . hataz. Mayock wanted him to stay in school but BW is one of the best OG prospects in this draft.

Hypotheticals with injuries aren't my thing. The lack of an offseason affected Jake, he couldn't rehab properly. He has that ability now and he is entering a contract year. Jake is going to have his best year this season, I'd put money on that. He'll be 100%.

I'm cool with you wanting a RT, I'd personally be upset with it but we've seen worse from Miami so nothing would surprise me. Getting a guy like Reiff does fit a need I just think that need is easier to fill in round 2 or with guys already on the team and we would still have an "at best average" LG in Incognito and the same question marks at RG with guys who "may" be able to step in. Decastro solidifies LG and RG with Incognito.

Oh well, hopefully Coples or Claiborne drop like I want them to and this isn't an issue :lol:

Totally agree about the pass rusher...DeCastro is a 12 year starter...no question. I am just not sure about going interior oline again.

I am looking at any Iowa player because of the coaching connection. Philbin talked about getting more athletic and this Gettis kid might fit the profile.

Should be a fun few months leading up to the draft.

where the hecks peter konz??? i've missed any drills with martin it seems but i got this bad boy on the dvr

If we do incorporate a zone blocking scheme he would make more sense than Reiff IMO. Reiff doesn't look that smooth to me. David DeCastro is killing these drills though, kid is silky smooth...and who the heck would have guessed Cordy Glenn running 4.96 at 345 lbs??? Wow!

Stanford's DeCastro draws raves for on-field combine workout

Stanford guard David DeCastro isn’t particularly long or fast from a Combine measurable perspective, but word out of Indianapolis is that he turned heads when performing more football-related activities on the field.

“From what I was told, he was highly impressive in on-field drills,” said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock.

“Hard to look better than DeCastro during morning offensive line drills,” chimed in ESPN director of college scouting Todd McShay.

DeCastro is 6-foot-4 7/8 and 316 pounds, but 32 3/4-inch arms will keep him at guard in the pros. DeCastro ran “unofficial” forty times of 5.34 and 5.47. His broad jump was 8 feet and two inches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tro-draws-raves-for-on-field-combine-workout/

where the hecks peter konz??? i've missed any drills with martin it seems but i got this bad boy on the dvr

I love Konz as a prospect, but I was surprised by his 225 bench rep results- lower than I expected.

6-5
314 lbs
9 1/4" hands
18 reps

that gettis kid showed pretty well but he's undersized at 290 lbs...not sure he can carry much more weight...i'd stay away personally

I love Konz as a prospect, but I was surprised by his 225 bench rep results- lower than I expected.

6-5
314 lbs
9 1/4" hands
18 reps

Probably his biggest weakness is his lack of strength but he is such a technician he more than makes up for it on the field. Just solid everything.

that gettis kid showed pretty well but he's undersized at 290 lbs...not sure he can carry much more weight...i'd stay away personally

Iowa connection with Philbin and Joe has said he wants "more athleticism". Day 3 project?

Iowa connection with Philbin and Joe has said he wants "more athleticism". Day 3 project?

my concern is he came to iowa at 225 and now is carrying 290...i just think that he might be maxed out...might be one of those kids from iowa who are overachievers cause they're so well coached

i'd pass personally...

not enough of a mauler for me on the right side...lacks strength...needs some time in an nfl weight room...

Wondering why we need a mauler for the right side...Curious as to why he didnt do the bench or for that matter why any player doesnt do any of the drills?

Probably his biggest weakness is his lack of strength but he is such a technician he more than makes up for it on the field. Just solid everything.

yeah i'd like more strength but that kids text book and he moves people...1st round grade all the way

brandon washington looked like garbage in that kick slide pass pro drill...

Wondering why we need a mauler for the right side...Curious as to why he didnt do the bench or for that matter why any player doesnt do any of the drills?

is martin not working out and did he not bench??? if he didn't bench probably cause he lacks strength would be my guess...anyways i just like a mauler run blocker on the right side...i think reiffs got some nasty in him but i don't love the work i'm seeing from him today and i don't like his body all that much...

kevin zeitlers showing better than i expected...still don't think he's a top 3 guard but you can tell he's well coached

Back
Top Bottom