official 2012 combine discussion thread... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official 2012 combine discussion thread...

hoops I just got back to my hotel room. Watching now...finally. Is there an actual schedule of when certain positions are working out?

I thought the QBs were going today? But the info on the guide says K, OL, and TE.

:idk:

I am in and out all day... What happened to B Washington??

i think if manning comes here right tackle becomes the play in the top 10 in which case i think reiff becomes the target...to me a right tackle is no more valuable draft wise than a left guard...i think its much easier to find a serviceable right tackle than it is to find a solid left guard...heck guys who can play right tackle are on the street all the time as they get older...you just got to pick the right one...a marc colombo is the worst available one

i'd pull the trigger on a once a decade like interior oline prospect like decastro any day over a right tackle in the top 10...honestly though decastros just the best football player oline prospect so thats the way i'd go considering we have a at best average left guard right now...and i mean at best

this new cba pay scale changes a lot of things...

I do think the stadium would burn down if they took a guard in the top ten. So we could get a new stadium out of it.

You trade back someone and take DeCastro then I have no issue. A RT can go in the top ten esp. when he has the ability to play LT if Long walks or continues his injury trend.

You could say the same about drafting a RT also (in regards to the stadium burning down), Dolfans want a QB, nothing much matters after that. Hell you could put big Vernon Carey back at RT and it would be a vast improvement over Colombo. Colombo sucked.

You aren't trading back and getting Decastro, he'll be gone by the 11 pick to KC and no tackle is drafted in the top 10 to play RT, they all are drafted to eventually be LT and if they never become one, it is considered a major dissappointment. I'm not drafting a RT with the 8th overall with the assumption Jake may "test free agency". Plus he is like the highest paid LT in the game, we'll franchise him and save money :lol:

RT is a position to address but it is a position you can address in the 2nd round. Bobbie Massie, Andrew Datko, James Brown . . . I mean there are guys that will represent some value and can play RT from day one in addition to our RT's already on the team. I dunno, I see many people wanting a RT and it would be fine but not with the 8th overall. Player to player, none of them stand up to Decastro . . . you would literally be getting an "elite" prospect in Decastro and an everyday RT with Reiff or Martin. I'll take the elite prospect anyday.

kudos to adam gettis for putting on a display this morning. 4.91 40 with a 1.65 split, and a 9.4" broad jump. didn't see that iowa boy showing off at the combine at all. cool to see as an Iowa fan.

Riley is actually doing decent. under average on the 40 time with a great split of 1.71. not that I put much stock into a 40 for a lineman, but its nice to see how these big men moved when they are being timed. thought the 23 reps was a bit less than expected, and the hand measurement was a bit bigger than I expected.

cordy glenn is a machine. massive hands, 345#s and smoking through the 40. didn't catch his split... did anyone get it?

zeitler is a guy I had mentioned in the 2nd to shore up an OG spot. he is what I have always thought he was, just a solid guy with solid numbers. no peter konz by any means, but I'd be okay with him at 42. It's been a toss up for me from an OG standpoint, IF adressing it in teh 2nd round between zeitler and osemele, as decastro, konz, and glenn should be out of the equation by the time 42 rolls around.

not impressed with zebrie sanders much, nor am I intrigued by mike adams. seems slow and 19 reps on the bench is something I could do as a high school kid.

so far riley reiff showing me right tackle feet...what i expected...pretty good form but not the fleetest of feet...he looks a little doughy to me also

You could say the same about drafting a RT also (in regards to the stadium burning down), Dolfans want a QB, nothing much matters after that. Hell you could put big Vernon Carey back at RT and it would be a vast improvement over Colombo. Colombo sucked.

You aren't trading back and getting Decastro, he'll be gone by the 11 pick to KC and no tackle is drafted in the top 10 to play RT, they all are drafted to eventually be LT and if they never become one, it is considered a major dissappointment. I'm not drafting a RT with the 8th overall with the assumption Jake may "test free agency". Plus he is like the highest paid LT in the game, we'll franchise him and save money :lol:

RT is a position to address but it is a position you can address in the 2nd round. Bobbie Massie, Andrew Datko, James Brown . . . I mean there are guys that will represent some value and can play RT from day one in addition to our RT's already on the team. I dunno, I see many people wanting a RT and it would be fine but not with the 8th overall. Player to player, none of them stand up to Decastro . . . you would literally be getting an "elite" prospect in Decastro and an everyday RT with Reiff or Martin. I'll take the elite prospect anyday.

If Jake Long is injured again this year, do you give that elite money? I am not sure...that is my answer.

KC is not going guard.

Datko sucks...not an option.

I am in and out all day... What happened to B Washington??

didnt see if he had benched yet. ran a pretty sloppy 40.. got off course slightly to his right a bit.. mayock was on his sack like stink on ****... 5.19 with a 1.77 split. 320# 33" arms

so far riley reiff showing me right tackle feet...what i expected...pretty good form but not the fleetest of feet...he looks a little doughy to me also

agreed... I think and have always thought watching him that he translates to a RT. he may have some LT measurables or qualities, but IMO.. he plays and tests like a solid RT... which in certain cases, might not be all bad. a jake long, riley reiff bookend on the line isnt all that bad.

holy cow that silatolu small school kid just moved awfully damn well in that drill...those feet are outstanding...wow

Jonathon Martin is starting to make me think hes the guy....VERY fluid motion.Perfect guy that can come play right tackle immediatly then if need be play left tackle.

Jonathon Martin is starting to make me think hes the guy....VERY fluid motion.Perfect guy that can come play right tackle immediatly then if need be play left tackle.
If we do incorporate a zone blocking scheme he would make more sense than Reiff IMO. Reiff doesn't look that smooth to me. David DeCastro is killing these drills though, kid is silky smooth...and who the heck would have guessed Cordy Glenn running 4.96 at 345 lbs??? Wow!

not enough of a mauler for me on the right side...lacks strength...needs some time in an nfl weight room...

If Jake Long is injured again this year, do you give that elite money? I am not sure...that is my answer.

KC is not going guard.

Datko sucks...not an option.

Hypotheticals with injuries aren't my thing. The lack of an offseason affected Jake, he couldn't rehab properly. He has that ability now and he is entering a contract year. Jake is going to have his best year this season, I'd put money on that. He'll be 100%.

I'm cool with you wanting a RT, I'd personally be upset with it but we've seen worse from Miami so nothing would surprise me. Getting a guy like Reiff does fit a need I just think that need is easier to fill in round 2 or with guys already on the team and we would still have an "at best average" LG in Incognito and the same question marks at RG with guys who "may" be able to step in. Decastro solidifies LG and RG with Incognito.

Oh well, hopefully Coples or Claiborne drop like I want them to and this isn't an issue :lol:

Back
Top Bottom