Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

You'll never find one statement from him, nor do I believe he dislikes a QB just because he is white. But over the last 5 years, I have noticed, on occasion, that he gives the perception of his desire for a black QB through subtle comments. It sounds crazy but if you pay attention to him over time, you may or may not agree.

That was exactly my point. Walrus, I don't know if you live in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area, but the radio interviews were very telling. He never denigrated the white QB's directly, but he was pumping up Gerrard well after it was obvious to everyone that he was not going to be the answer. In hood lingo "he had Gerrards back". This is another example of why Omar is a tool. He lacks objectivity. Accept it or not.

That was exactly my point. Walrus, I don't know if you live in the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area, but the radio interviews were very telling. He never denigrated the white QB's directly, but he was pumping up Gerrard well after it was obvious to everyone that he was not going to be the answer. In hood lingo "he had Gerrards back". This is another example of why Omar is a tool. He lacks objectivity. Accept it or not.

:ponder: I feel like I'm in redneck country around here with some of these comments. "Billy-bob, round up them tharr ropes and let's go a huntin' for some gaters"

He was listed first on the first depth chart. By the coaches. Then he got injured. What in the hell are you even talking about?

And since when it having someone's "back" hood lingo? Do they really not use that term on your planet?

I have to agree with Walrus on his response your comment I highlighted. The coaches did have Garrard slated as the #1 QB the entire time until he was injured. Only when he was injured, it was made obvious that he wasn't the answer.

Last edited:
Garrard may have looked good last camp. All indications were that he was clear and away the best during TC. BUT when he got hurt, the constant pimping of Garrard was unneeded. The fact that he still brings up Garrard today on radio and twitter is kind of dumb

Looking like strugis wallace and hartline could all be back

Chris Perkins@chrisperk49s
All at #Dolphins practice except RG John Jerry & WR Rishard Matthews, as expected.

not sure if taylor is taking part.... that sure would be nice

Nate Garner is todays starting RG.... talk about testing every possible option!

Barry Jackson@flasportsbuzz1m
Brian hartline is off on side tonight not practicing. Seemed to pull something before scrimmage Monday. Jamar taylor back on fiel

Taylor back is very good.... Hartline out is very bad!

apparently it was the calf that hartline hurt (kept him out of preseason last year)... lets hope it was very minor

Another great fanturnout

BQiXEz8CAAItf7O.jpg

Very impressive south florida

Last edited by a moderator:
Hartline out is good , no need to risk further injury. He missed almost all of camp in preseason last year and he played fine for us. I feel more comfortable with him resting right now.

Oh sure, hartline missing a practice or even preseason game or two is a non issue, as long as its not a sign his calf injury from last year is flaring up again

hartline missed basically the whole preseason and all of training camp last year and remember how that worked out for him. not worried about hartline

I love that Garner is working at RG. I think he should be the starter going fwd. I am interested in some other combos, but this one involves everyone staying in their original spot. Garner is a solid pro with experience.

Samuda is some intrigue. I still believe Incognito should have always been a RG, but has played left. Pouncey on the right of Martin could help the LT. With that said, plug in Garner and go with it.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 4m
CB Will Davis on main field as backup in nickel playing slot receiver. Seems to have impressed Philbin.

Seems to be moving up in the world

Barry Jackson@flasportsbuzz3m
Among highlights tonight. Mcnutt continues big camp (1 hand catch) and another guard is injured (brian thomas)

Mcnutt and davis certainly seem to have been impressing recently

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerESPN 47s
#Dolphins No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan pushed TE Dustin Keller back a couple yards in blocking drills. The rook understands leverage.

dont think he will be nearly as bad against the run or blocking as people think

Back
Top Bottom