***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Talking about going for broke:
1-1..need a win. Lost a defender to a red card, substitute in a forward for another defender, continue to press and one of the worst on the pitch today uses his only weapon. :laugh

But Werner was really good today.

I wish I was in Munich or Berlin right now man.

That goal from Kroos is as good of a goal as you will ever see considering the moment.

Talking about going for broke:
1-1..need a win. Lost a defender to a red card, substitute in a forward for another defender, continue to press and one of the worst on the pitch today uses his only weapon. :laugh

But Werner was really good today.

I know you agree with leaving Sane home . . . . But with Werner on one side and Sane on the other . . . .you have elite 1 v 1 options who can get a cross off to an active German middle. It’s why despite the poor national team performances you keep that bullet in the chamber.

Werner is essential for this team the way it is constructed.

I know you agree with leaving Sane home . . . . But with Werner on one side and Sane on the other . . . .you have elite 1 v 1 options who can get a cross off to an active German middle. It’s why despite the poor national team performances you keep that bullet in the chamber.

Werner is essential for this team the way it is constructed.
They tried that (Sane-Werner) prior to the WC. Believe me he did not play good at all. Nobody in Germany even mentions Sane anymore. He was god awful. What was really upsetting was that he did not take advantage of the extended roster before the cuts.

I wish I was in Munich or Berlin right now man.

That goal from Kroos is as good of a goal as you will ever see considering the moment.
You got to be in Berlin for that. Biggest public viewing in the world. I was there in 2012 for the Euro and 2010 for the WC. The fan mile is only open for Germany games in the group phase but open for every game after that. Right now it is limited to 500,000 but will be expanded later to 1,000,000 as they normally do for the knockout stage when Germany plays.

You got to be in Berlin for that. Biggest public viewing in the world. I was there in 2012 for the Euro and 2010 for the WC. The fan mile is only open for Germany games in the group phase but open for every game after that. Right now it is limited to 500,000 but will be expanded later to 1,000,000 as they normally do for the knockout stage when Germany plays.

I have been to both. 2006 was my own personal World Cup trip with family I have over there.

There is nothing like it.

They tried that (Sane-Werner) prior to the WC. Believe me he did not play good at all. Nobody in Germany even mentions Sane anymore. He was god awful. What was really upsetting was that he did not take advantage of the extended roster before the cuts.

I admittingly missed most of the pre WC German matches, something I normally don't do, and heard similar. I saw some of the Austria match.

But when you talk about guys like Rudy, Goretska, Brandt, Draxler, Kroos, Ozil, etc. . . there are so many of those kind of players . . . .Sane gives you something different and with his EPL accolades you bring him even if his form isn't all the way there because you know the pace he adds to the team in a way that only Werner can bring.

But that ship sailed and no need to dwell on it anymore from my end.

Brandt is making a serious case for more playing time as well just with his form from distance.

Ozil and Khedira can stay on the bench IMO.

So for Germany to control their knockout phase destiny . . . .they need a win by at least 2 goals vs. South Korea. That gets them through no matter what happens in the other match.

That late goal by South Korea could come back to haunt Mexico. If Germany wins by at least 2 goals and Sweden wins 1-0 over Mexico. . . .Mexico loses the tiebreak.

Back
Top Bottom