***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

I was never a fan of shots on goal. It is a meaningless stat. You can hit the cross bar 6 times it still equals no shot on goal. Or you shoot at goal and the ball is misdirected and misses the goal by an inch. No shot on goal.

I agree it can be a very misleading stat . . . But I think it holds some truth to how Germany sometimes approach the game.

I don’t believe we’ll come back in the 2nd half. World Cup’s over before it really began.

I’ll say this . . . .they are gonna go out swinging and Neuer better be ready for some furious breaks by Sweden.

On another note: not having scored a goal yet (in the WC) becomes an issue. As a player you begin to doubt yourself. They need a quick goal. The longer it takes the more it will affect the psyche.

Werner is moving the back line appropriately but I agree the high crosses make little sense . . . But honestly there have just been a complete lack of balls into the box considering the possession. Too much dribbling and passing outside and very little coming in.
Well if you look at the first 10-15 minutes they had the right plays. Passing, ball control and then the quick passes into the penalty box. They just go away from it. The German broadcast pointed out that all that went away with the intercepted pass by Ruediger. Suddenly self doubts, hesitation.

lack of leadership showing

There is plenty of leadership on that team.

I don’t believe we’ll come back in the 2nd half. World Cup’s over before it really began.

Here is a picker upper for you. The last time Germany faced elimination in group play (one loss and you are out) was in 1974. They were behind 1-2...they won 4-2. Opponent? Sweden. :laugh

Even with the goal have to wonder if Germany regrets not bringing some young guys like Sane, Can, or Tah

I mean I will maintain Sane should of been on the squad. And Sandro Wagner.

But there is more than enough talent on this team to at minimum move to the knockout phase.

Even with the goal have to wonder if Germany regrets not bringing some young guys like Sane, Can, or Tah
Once again: Sane never played even mediocre when he had his chance. He was down right awful. Nobody cares how he plays on a club level. For now he had his chance and didn't take it. Emre Can has a severe back injury and is lucky if he can ever play again. Tah is an inside defender which was not a position of need.

Back
Top Bottom