***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

No Gomez after all. Kroos still in the defensive position. Should have moved him behind the striker, Reus to the left and keep Draxler out. But who am I to judge. Löw is still the World champion’s coach.

Hmmmm they went with Rudy.

He is a solid player. Maybe not as talented as some of the others they left on the bench but he can possess well and defend. Good passer.

A bit surprised at Rudiger over Sule just because of the Bayern connect with Sule and Boateng, but it makes sense.

Everything else is pretty expected. Werner still in (I knew the Gomez stuff was a bit crazy) and Rolls Reus is in.

God that giveaway by Rudiger gave me Rafinha flashbacks for Bayern in the Champions League over Real Madrid.

This game is too big for Rudiger. Too indecisive and his head is not into it. Germany is gonna be full press in the second half with Boateng moving forward and he has gotta do better or Sweden will score again.

Germany has no shots on goal LOL

Seriously stop trying to beauty pageant the ball around the pitch and start putting some balls on target.

Neuer may have just saved Germany
Yep. But why did Germany pull back? They totally dominated Sweden for the first 20 min, had changes almost every minute and then the Ruediger's ill advised pass broke the flow.
They also have to stop the high crosses. Sweden has a baskeball team back there. If you wanted to beat them like that they should have put Gomez in.

Germany has no shots on goal LOL

Seriously stop trying to beauty pageant the ball around the pitch and start putting some balls on target.
I was never a fan of shots on goal. It is a meaningless stat. You can hit the cross bar 6 times it still equals no shot on goal. Or you shoot at goal and the ball is misdirected and misses the goal by an inch. No shot on goal.

They need a few shots from the mid range to change things up.

Werner is moving the back line appropriately but I agree the high crosses make little sense . . . But honestly there have just been a complete lack of balls into the box considering the possession. Too much dribbling and passing outside and very little coming in.

Back
Top Bottom