***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Now here is a funny....
I am listening to the German pregame shows and they are doing the the pre-game to SK vs Mexico. They chatted about attendance and mentioned that approx 17000 Mexican will be in the stadium but it should be more because there is a whole bunch of Mexicans who walk around Rostov and they can't find the stadium. :laugh
That in itself is funny. But then they say that they will look for a long time because they traveled to the wrong Rostov. There are two Rostovs in Russia. :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

I don't want to be the one who made those travel arrangements. :roflmao

Yeah credit to El Tri last week but Germany just kind of bored. They do have to change the mindset though cause again, the "minnows" in this tournament are bunching teams in the mouth.

Also Coutinho>Neymar

Germans have two issues.

One is the lack of that polished goal scoring number 9. Klose gave them that for several World Cups and they have never really replaced him. Now that didn’t really effect Germany in 2014 as Klose saw a diminished role but it is a noticeable problem and as much as I like Timo Werner he is still very green. They can look dominant at times and yet maybe no goals are scored. You gotta score goals in this World Cup.

The bigger issue is their vulnerability on counter attacks. The Germans may be the best ball possession team in the world, but goodness they are so confident with ball possession sometimes that when they lose possession they just are insufficient In getting back. This is especially the case with Kimmich. Kimmich is a top level right back . . . But let’s make one thing clear . . . He is no Phillip Lahm, not yet at least and he just doesn’t have the defensive ability yet that Lahm gave them. Boateng and Hummels are real good, but I think they are a tad overrated. They both can be had on the counter and both are also a bit lackadaisical in possession at times.

And I think Coutinho may in fact have a touch more class and skill than Neymar . . . .but Neymar at his best, the way he can attack defenders going forward and finish, is the reason people place him next to Messi and CR7. It can be sublime.

But ultimately he is gonna have to do it on this stage.

And I think Coutinho may in fact have a touch more class and skill than Neymar . . . .but Neymar at his best, the way he can attack defenders going forward and finish, is the reason people place him next to Messi and CR7. It can be sublime.

But ultimately he is gonna have to do it on this stage.

The thing with Neymar is that he's not a creator. He's great when he can use his pace in space but he's got to add more to his game. I watch what Coutinho became at Liverpool and I'm amazed it's the same guy that was such a scrub with Inter.

As for Germany, still have to see them adjust but I think if they struggle more you can say they miss the leadership of guys like Lahm and Scheinsteiger. Now too early to say for sure, but those 2 were the Golden boys of Germany along with Podolski. I kind of have the feeling you'll see as talented as Germany is, they do currently lack leaders. Also I think there were some iffy selections of going with vets over much needed youth but it's still a bit early for that.

And now time for another US soccer rant, this WC is showing me where both Jurgen and Bruce took the incorrect mindsets with our team. It's all been said but I think we had and have the talent to get out of the group stage in this world cup but we had two coaches that were too busy having dick measuring competitions rather than playing to the strengths of the team and integrating new players to our pool

As for Germany, still have to see them adjust but I think if they struggle more you can say they miss the leadership of guys like Lahm and Scheinsteiger. Now too early to say for sure, but those 2 were the Golden boys of Germany along with Podolski. I kind of have the feeling you'll see as talented as Germany is, they do currently lack leaders. Also I think there were some iffy selections of going with vets over much needed youth but it's still a bit early for that.
Spot on with the lack of leadership. There is no such player in the team right now nor is one on the horizon. If you don’t have a player that can lead a team you need a coach that can. Löw is no such coach. Jürgen Klopp would be that coach. But Liverpool will rather start the 3rd world war before they let Klopp go.

Just learned that Werner AND Gomez will start against Sweden. Can’t say I don’t like it.

Spot on with the lack of leadership. There is no such player in the team right now nor is one on the horizon. If you don’t have a player that can lead a team you need a coach that can. Löw is no such coach. Jürgen Klopp would be that coach. But Liverpool will rather start the 3rd world war before they let Klopp go.

Just learned that Werner AND Gomez will start against Sweden. Can’t say I don’t like it.

Werner and Gomez eh . . . .I guess the German midfielders will give some service this game lol

They need to change the video reviews for the next WC and include fouls which lead to goals. They do it with offsides (which lead to goals). Some European leagues incl the Bundesliga have that rule already in place.

They need to change the video reviews for the next WC and include fouls which lead to goals. They do it with offsides (which lead to goals). Some European leagues incl the Bundesliga have that rule already in place.

Yea that 2nd goal was just meh to me because of the missed foul call.

I don’t wanna depend on VAR so much but that seemed crappy to allow that to happen.

But South Korea just have no finishing class. You saw that when Marquez gave the ball up on the pass back to Ochoa and South Korea fumbled the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom