***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Time to pick an underdog to root for.
Samurai Blues, baby! (At least for one more game.)

Seriously though, this WC has been remarkable. So many underwhelming performances. The only team that's had a good run is Croatia, imo. Jury is still out on Belgium and England. All the rest of the favorites have been somewhere between poor and absolutely horrible. So yeah, my team still has a chance! ;)

Agreed the general rule with strikers is go with the hot hand.. erm foot. Wagner or Petersen would have made sense.

I hope Brazil chokes honestly. Some of my favorite players of all time are Brazillian but I almost feel like they've become parodies of themselves and need a wake up
I like Brazil too but out of selfish reasons I want every big soccer nation out - as fast as possible. Make it a tournament of outsider and underdogs, :laugh

Seriously though, this WC has been remarkable. So many underwhelming performances. The only team that's had a good run is Croatia, imo. Jury is still out on Belgium and England. All the rest of the favorites have been somewhere between poor and absolutely horrible. So yeah, my team still has a chance! ;)

IRS funny that this is seen as a underwhelming England side (and they did get an easy group) but it's amazing what Harry Kane has done as captain

Agreed I think Brazil has just become too focused on making Neymar great than the team

IRS funny that this is seen as a underwhelming England side (and they did get an easy group) but it's amazing what Harry Kane has done as captain
Well, you can only beat what's in front of you, and they've done that pretty well. But even after tomorrow I doubt we'll have a good read on either Belgium or England, seeing as a lot of starters are probably not going to see the pitch. England has been perennial underachievers - but I agree, this might be the year, especially given the form of the favorites. Knockout stage will be really interesting.

Wow, Germany used 20 players in 3 games. There are 23 players on each team. Considering that there are 3 goalkeepers he went through all of the players. That is awful. Bad coaching.
One goalkeeper played. That leaves the two other goalies and Matthias Ginter who did not play a single minute. Ginter was on the team in 2014 and did not play then either. Bad luck.

Unheard of to use that many players in 3 matches (unless you are group winners after 2).

Lowe never had reins on his group, from post qualification all the way into the World Cup . . . .and it showed.

Unheard of to use that many players in 3 matches (unless you are group winners after 2).

Lowe never had reins on his group, from post qualification all the way into the World Cup . . . .and it showed.
Loew was always a fan of rotation. But even that was crazy. You make a change on a couple of positions here and there but when the Cup starts you have to have your basic formation. I could almost see the changes after the first game but after a hard fought win?

The group stage will be completed tomorrow with Group G and H having their final game days.
Group G is pretty clear with England and Belgium having done their duty and already qualified facing each other for 1st place. Tunisia vs Panama is pretty meaningless.

Group H is more interesting. While Poland (0 points) is already eliminated the other initial favorite Colombia (3 points) is battling for survival against a surprisingly well playing Senegal (4 points) team. Besides Senegal the other surprise team who might make it to the knockout stage is Japan (4 points) who will be facing Poland.

With that here is the current bracket
WC Bracket.jpg

Back
Top Bottom