Official 76ers Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

I was just looking at a list of 2009 Free Agents to see who I'd like to see on this team :
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Ben Gordon would be an amazing acquisition. I do think the Bulls resign him though. Bulls have Heinrich and Sefolosha stashed on their bench as well, wouldn't mind giving the Bulls an offer for either one.

Wally Szczerbiak is set to be a free agent. Another one I wouldn't mind.

Gerald Green of the Mavs, he can shoot fairly well, not to mention would work great in our up tempo offense.

Marquis Daniels of the Pacers could be available, as could be Damon Jones from the Bucks.

Rodney Carney is a FA :d-day: Sorry, I was a big Carney fan when he was here :lol:

Keith Bogans and Anthony Parker could both be available. 2 very good shooters right there.

Last but not least... Kyle Korver :wink:

I'd still prefer somekind of trade for Michael Redd. I will gladly take Villanueva and his contract off their hands as well. He has had some very good games this year, and I would love to have him coming off the bench.

Just imagine this lineup.

Starters:
PG - Lou Williams
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - Elton Brand
C - Mareese Speights

Bench:
PG - Royal Ivey/FA/Rookie
SG - Willie Green/Rookie
SF - Thaddeous Young
PF - Charlie Villanueva
C - Jason Smith
Give or take a few players via Draft, Free Agency, Trade. I would love that lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at a list of 2009 Free Agents to see who I'd like to see on this team :
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Ben Gordon would be an amazing acquisition. I do think the Bulls resign him though. Bulls have Heinrich and Sefolosha stashed on their bench as well, wouldn't mind giving the Bulls an offer for either one.

Wally Szczerbiak is set to be a free agent. Another one I wouldn't mind.

Gerald Green of the Mavs, he can shoot fairly well, not to mention would work great in our up tempo offense.

Marquis Daniels of the Pacers could be available, as could be Damon Jones from the Bucks.

Rodney Carney is a FA :d-day: Sorry, I was a big Carney fan when he was here :lol:

Keith Bogans and Anthony Parker could both be available. 2 very good shooters right there.

Last but not least... Kyle Korver :wink:

I'd still prefer somekind of trade for Michael Redd. I will gladly take Villanueva and his contract off their hands as well. He has had some very good games this year, and I would love to have him coming off the bench.

Just imagine this lineup.

Starters:
PG - Lou Williams
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - Elton Brand
C - Mareese Speights

Bench:
PG - Royal Ivey/FA/Rookie
SG - Willie Green/Rookie
SF - Thaddeous Young
PF - Charlie Villanueva
C - Jason Smith
Give or take a few players via Draft, Free Agency, Trade. I would love that lineup.

gordon was 1 of my all time favorites at uconn, he is a game changer...i doubt the bulls let him walk..he is usually good for anywhere from 15-22 a night..he can point and the shooting guard spot...as far as wally world, green and every 1 else goes, no thanks..this team spent a lot of money on useless guys during the free agent period and looks where it has gotten us..ivey is a bumb and im not sure why rush doesnt play more...daniels i like but who knows...carney..yikes thought thatw as another terrible pick by king....parker was drafted by us and never given the chance to play, he is a good outside shooter...korver i cant see coming back...i wonder how much $ they will have come the off-season.

gordon was 1 of my all time favorites at uconn, he is a game changer...i doubt the bulls let him walk..he is usually good for anywhere from 15-22 a night..he can point and the shooting guard spot...as far as wally world, green and every 1 else goes, no thanks..this team spent a lot of money on useless guys during the free agent period and looks where it has gotten us..ivey is a bumb and im not sure why rush doesnt play more...daniels i like but who knows...carney..yikes thought thatw as another terrible pick by king....parker was drafted by us and never given the chance to play, he is a good outside shooter...korver i cant see coming back...i wonder how much $ they will have come the off-season.
Possibly 15 million or so. Andre Miller and his big contract will be gone. Add to that, Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, doubt re resign any of them. Miller maybe, if he's willing to come in as Lou's backup, and for alot cheaper of course. Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey are both Free Agents. Not sure if they'll be resigned or not.

Gordon will get resigned I'm sure, but if he somehow hits Free Agency, there is no way how you can't throw a nice contract at him. Daniels and Parker are my next 2 favorites. I would give anything to have Korver back. Could he come back? You never know. I'd take Wally in a heartbeat as well, if the price is right. Gerald Green will get resigned. Was kidding about Carney though, he's like a poor man's Thad Young, would still take him back though for cheap :beer1:

Possibly 15 million or so. Andre Miller and his big contract will be gone. Add to that, Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, doubt re resign any of them. Miller maybe, if he's willing to come in as Lou's backup, and for alot cheaper of course. Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey are both Free Agents. Not sure if they'll be resigned or not.

Gordon will get resigned I'm sure, but if he somehow hits Free Agency, there is no way how you can't throw a nice contract at him. Daniels and Parker are my next 2 favorites. I would give anything to have Korver back. Could he come back? You never know. I'd take Wally in a heartbeat as well, if the price is right. Gerald Green will get resigned. Was kidding about Carney though, he's like a poor man's Thad Young, would still take him back though for cheap :beer1:

I could see them trading Miller at mid-season. Where that would leave them in the off-season cap wise is beyond me.

1 thing about redd is that he is a free agent after the '09 season...r u sure u wanna trade for him...having redd,young,iggy all together..i think more or less speights is more a 4 then a 5 and young is more a 3...unless iggy goes which i doubt...young at 4 and speights at the 5 doesnt make sense and wouldnt work....bigger, physical teams would kill them on the boards....i like redd but i know it wont happen also if it did u need to get redd to agree to a new contract if and when he comes here i dont want some 1 hear for a yera and half thats not wroth it

I could see them trading Miller at mid-season. Where that would leave them in the off-season cap wise is beyond me.
That would free up just over 10 million. And I do agree he will be gone. Alot of trade scenarios floating around regarding Miller and Dalembert.

1 thing about redd is that he is a free agent after the '09 season...r u sure u wanna trade for him...having redd,young,iggy all together..i think more or less speights is more a 4 then a 5 and young is more a 3...unless iggy goes which i doubt...young at 4 and speights at the 5 doesnt make sense and wouldnt work....bigger, physical teams would kill them on the boards....i like redd but i know it wont happen also if it did u need to get redd to agree to a new contract if and when he comes here i dont want some 1 hear for a yera and half thats not wroth it
Of course they would make Redd agree to a new deal before bringing him in. As for Young playing the 4, he does play the 4 when we go to our small lineup. Our Small Lineup consists of Andre Miller/Royal Ivey at PG, Lou Williams at SG, Iggy/Rush at SF, Young at PF, and Brand/Speights at C. They use this small lineup alot, making the game very fast paced. Not like Young would be playing PF full time, just when we go to our small lineup.

We will get a good look as to how good Thad can play the 4. He's starting at the 4 tomorrow against arguably the best PF in the game in Kevin Garnett.

Of course they would make Redd agree to a new deal before bringing him in. As for Young playing the 4, he does play the 4 when we go to our small lineup. Our Small Lineup consists of Andre Miller/Royal Ivey at PG, Lou Williams at SG, Iggy/Rush at SF, Young at PF, and Brand/Speights at C. They use this small lineup alot, making the game very fast paced. Not like Young would be playing PF full time, just when we go to our small lineup.

We will get a good look as to how good Thad can play the 4. He's starting at the 4 tomorrow against arguably the best PF in the game in Kevin Garnett.

young started the year wel lbut has tailed off...if a move cna be made for redd i luv it...is this rumour or just fantasy u have heard about the trade

young started the year wel lbut has tailed off...if a move cna be made for redd i luv it...is this rumour or just fantasy u have heard about the trade
Rumor. Alot of teams would like Andre Miller because of his expiring contract that will free up over 10 million in cap space for them. The rumor I've heard has Miller and Dalembert gone and Redd, Villanueva, and possibly Ridnour coming in.

I've also heard alot of Bulls trade rumors involving Kirk Heinrich.

It's almost a guarantee Miller will be traded though. Dalembert might be traded as well, we would certainly drop off in the post defensively, but I can see us going for DeSagana Diop in Free Agency as well.

Rumor. Alot of teams would like Andre Miller because of his expiring contract that will free up over 10 million in cap space for them. The rumor I've heard has Miller and Dalembert gone and Redd, Villanueva, and possibly Ridnour coming in.

I've also heard alot of Bulls trade rumors involving Kirk Heinrich.

It's almost a guarantee Miller will be traded though. Dalembert might be traded as well, we would certainly drop off in the post defensively, but I can see us going for DeSagana Diop in Free Agency as well.

i always liked ridnour. when he was at oregon i like his game....heinrich u cam keep, he is a waste besides lou will run the point next yr..man i would love redd is a sixers uniform....

i always liked ridnour. when he was at oregon i like his game....heinrich u cam keep, he is a waste besides lou will run the point next yr..man i would love redd is a sixers uniform....
I'll gladly take Heinrich. We need shooters and he is a pretty good one. Not to mention we would have no depth at PG behind Lou Williams. However, if we get Ridnour, then I'd have to agree, they can keep Heinrich.

Well, this Philly-Denver game sure is interesting... 16 lead changes and 9 ties..And it's only halftime. God, we'd have won so many more games if we could hit free throws... I mean come on, if our whole gameplan is based on attacking the rim, at least hit the damn free throws that come with that game plan...

On another note, lots of NBA analysts think there is a slight chance Ben Gordon returns to the Bulls next year. If he hits Free Agency, we HAVE to get this guy. I think I will probably retire as a 76ers fan if we don't make a very good effort to get this guy, whether by trade or in Free Agency. Heinrich could be available too. Gordon and Heinrich are 1st and 3rd in Chicago Bull's All Time 3 point shots made. We need to bring Gordon in baddd. We get Gordon, and we will without a doubt be the team everyone made us out to be after signing Brand.

...And 60% free throw shooting for the loss...

God this team is frustrating. Hurry up Offseason...

Note to DiLeo: Reggie Evans ****ing blows... Thad Young should not be starting at PF, how about try starting that beast, umm, whats his name? Oh yea, Mareese Speights for ****s sake...

Back
Top Bottom