**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

Aqua4Ever04 said:
So does anyone know if this means CBA talks resume??

Man this would make my week if the deal got done. Ive been on an emotional roller coaster all week about this nonsense. One minute very happy the next very sad, its tough on me haha

They will argue again on Tuesday.

Im Telling you guys why THe Delay.
Mort said on espn news right after he was on sportscenter that the Commish is going to take the NFLPAS offer to the Owners for a Last Vote.
This is the final chance for the new CBA to happen this year. Owners need to vote yes. I think like 24 have to vote yes for it to pass.

Phinzman said:
I have no idea,thats why maybe there will be a suprize meeting between now and then.

Mort made it sound like it was over no more meetings.

Gene Upshaw and Attorney made it looked like they were just holding out but may be coaxed back with a new proposal...

Hope Mort is wrong.
ESPN radio just said that Tag will take the NFLPA's latest offer to the owner's meeting on Tuesday to get voted on.

Over under??

What's the over/under on how many walkouts and "break-downs in talks" before Thursday?

dang, I was hoping for more cuts by other teams and stuff(weird thing is NFL.com has nothing about it being pushed to Thursday)

Here is ESPN.com's headline:

Hope Springs Eternal

Just as it seemed labors talks were over, NFL owners and union reps agreed to delay the start of free agency until 12:01 a.m. Thursday. The deadline for cap compliance is now 9 p.m. Wednesday.
:lol: This is getting funny. One moment everything is in a Dooms day state, and the next things are rosey again. :lol: I think these negotiations are going to take a few years off my life.

Should be left arm be numb?

Despite what Mort reported, there will still be negotiations. Why would this be Upshaw's final offer? Hes budged on everything this last week. These extentions highlight why Upshaw is considered a joke and called out by his own rank and file.

Also by dragging this out, the league must make a deal to avoid a major black eye. To put yourself in the spotlight like this and still come up empty would be a major blow, IMO.

DolphinDynasty said:
mort said on espnnews that the owners will vote on the NFLPA's offer Tuesday and Wednesday

Hmmm...thats good to hear,I missed that one part.That means there's the slightest of hope.

One thing I will say is that they will not move the dealine another time after thursday...that will be it.

I did have a feeling they would move it one more time...

You'd think a bunch of Million/Billionaires could work something out....

It must be nice.

I really hope they get this done, Actually I guess they are not saying who, and which owners are stalling it because of that owners safety, I guess that owner would be harrased and coherced by half the country, to get the deal done.

fins2923 said:
Despite what Mort reported, there will still be negotiations. Why would this be Upshaw's final offer? Hes budged on everything this last week. These extentions highlight why Upshaw is considered a joke and called out by his own rank and file.

Also by dragging this out, the league must make a deal to avoid a major black eye. To put yourself in the spotlight like this and still come up empty would be a major blow, IMO.

I think because they could start over next year with even more on the line and alot more pressure for both sides.

Mort said that both sides would get penalties etc if a deal isnt worked out next year,but this year it isnt as severe seeing the only thing that would change is the cap ceiling.

Meanig they are trying to prevent turmoil after the end of next season and a possible strike in 2008

Back
Top Bottom