**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

Nublar7 said:
Here is ESPN.com's headline:

:lol: This is getting funny. One moment everything is in a Dooms day state, and the next things are rosey again. :lol: I think these negotiations are going to take a few years off my life.

Should be left arm be numb?

They are toying with the fans like a cat with a big fat mouse. :lol:

fins2923 said:
Despite what Mort reported, there will still be negotiations. Why would this be Upshaw's final offer? Hes budged on everything this last week. These extentions highlight why Upshaw is considered a joke and called out by his own rank and file.

Also by dragging this out, the league must make a deal to avoid a major black eye. To put yourself in the spotlight like this and still come up empty would be a major blow, IMO.

hmmm seems like upshaw says the latest deal is a joke he says one thing the owners say another, some one is lieing

The talks ended after the NFL gave us a proposal which provided a percentage of revenues for the players which would be less than they received over the last 12 years," said Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association. "After suggesting we extend the waiver deadline from six o'clock to 10 this evening, they gave us a new proposal which was worse than their prior offer. Quite naturally, we rejected that proposal and saw no need to continue meeting."
But Harold Henderson, the NFL's executive vice president for labor relations, said the union rejected a proposal that would have added $577 million for players in 2006 compared to 2005 and $1.5 billion in the six years of the extension. "It's an unfortunate situation for the players, the fans and the league," Henderson said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5381878

Nublar7 said:
ESPN radio just said that Tag will take the NFLPA's latest offer to the owner's meeting on Tuesday to get voted on.

Thats good news,I just wonder why Gene and his attorney made it look so bleak.

It is posturing for sure!

The owners offered this,the players refused the owners offer(Do you expect Billionaire owners to give money away?)

The players have their own proposal and now they will have a owner meeting to vote on the players offer and see if its close.

Sounds like the owners as expected arent bumping up yearly moneys as one would expect.

It usually is the owners that are the villians.Thats why they have all that money

With all this CBA crap, I'm just glad Nick Saban already stated from the beggining that he wants to build the team with the NFL draft.

Vertical Limit said:
With all this CBA crap, I'm just glad Nick Saban already stated from the beggining that he wants to build the team with the NFL draft.

Without a CBA in place chances are this would be the last draft we see on a long time, rookies would only turn free agents when they declare, pretty much like in baseball. Money my friend would get you your first rounders.

are we ever going to start free agency??? i know an agreement is for the best, but dang, when are we going to get on with it???

Mort: Agreement in place at 59.5 % pending owners vote on Tues/Wed meeting in Dallas.

fins2923 said:
Mort: Agreement in place at 59.5 % pending owners vote on Tues/Wed meeting in Dallas.

And if it passes, that means we get a cap of 106, and there will be a cap in 07, correct?

That would make me a very happy guy:D :dolphins:

fins2923 said:
Really? Wow that is good news. Lets hope the low revenue owners(like Ralph Wilson) don't vote against it.

where did you hear or read that Mort report?
checked espn.com no such comment

fins2923 said:

I think I suggested that the union had the power here. I think it's clear from this that it's the case.

I think at least one poster now has to stop watching football and leave this forum permanently according to his own words. Others have to explain why this is so terrible for the league as they have been maintaining. It seems those negotiating the deal disagree.

Back
Top Bottom