****Official Colts/Dolphins Gameday Thread**** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Colts/Dolphins Gameday Thread****

Cant wait for the game tonight. I want to see Smith get an INT. NO turnovers from us and Ronnie have a huge game. Lastly i say give wake a chance and set him loose be nice to see him nail Peyton to the dirt. :)

Cant wait for the game tonight. I want to see Smith get an INT. NO turnovers from us and Ronnie have a huge game. Lastly i say give wake a chance and set him loose be nice to see him nail Peyton to the dirt. :)

LETS GIVE PEYTON THE WAKE UP CALL!

I'm scared, and today is going to be the longest work day ever.

Im glad this one is a nationally televised game...Im not tied to my computer to watch....this is going to be a LONG day.

I think Wake is needed as he has dominated in practice this week. We play a 3-4 defense and you need those OLB's to rotate bringing constant pressure.

Porter didn't get it done last week, and JT at his age needs a rest now and then.. Because by the end of the year he will be worn down.

Moses didn't do anything last week and was blocked effectively by running backs.. And Charlie Anderson looked below average when he was in last week's game. Meanwhile Wake has been one of the very best performers in practice this past week.

And Sparano said they put Wake on Jake Long last week to simulate Dwight Freeney.. If he is simulating Dwight Freeney so well, it's incredibly stupid not to play him IMO.. And Sparano did go on and compare Wake to Demarcus Ware in some of his abilities.

Wake has the best and most explosive first step of all our LB's. And he should be in there to spell JT or JP once in awhile.. Or have all 3 on the field in passing situations like Pasqualoni had all 3 of them in for exotic blitz packages during training camp.

100% accurate in my books after Wake sees the field..., tastes the contact... you can pencil him in every week after... on a rotational basis - Porter and Taylor have old legs...

about 9 hours to kickoff....I'll be there

I'll be taking pictures so I can showcase the "spectacle" that Stephen Ross is pushing on us

about 9 hours to kickoff....I'll be there

I'll be taking pictures so I can showcase the "spectacle" that Stephen Ross is pushing on us

Whats so bad about it? It's a way to give fans something to do other than just show up, sit down and watch the game....it's not like you are being forced to go see any of these things....you can bypass it all and go sit in your seat if you choose.

the key to this game is us being able to get pressure on manning.

My predictions for tonight: The Dolphins score first. We hold Indy under 80 yards rushing. Either V Davis or S Smith get their first pro pick.

the key to this game is us being able to get pressure on manning.

You got that right.

Saying we should take away the run and make Manning beat us, is like other teams saying they should take away Miami's run and make Marino beat them (when Marino was around).

It's pretty foolish to go into a game with that game plan.

The key to beating the Colts is beating manning by bringing the heat. And that is by pressuring him early and often through the game by disrupting their timing and rhythm on offense.. That's how teams beat Marino.. Marino was pretty mediocre in games when he had immense pressure on him, just look at his playoff performances when we got beat. Marino made a ton of mistakes and errant passes in important games when he was consistently pressured.

And so does Manning. And Brady when we beat them 21-0 in 06 when we pressured him all game long.. Brady in the Super Bowl when he had a lot of pressure..... And yesterday when Brady was pressured through the game throwing errant passes.. That's how you beat high powered passing attacks who have a mediocre running game like the Colts do, and like the Dolphins had when Marino was around.

I would activate Cam Wake and have him, Porter and Taylor all on the field at the same time in passing situations, along with Merling and Starks etc. I would also bring Nate Jones on some blitzes. You have to bring people and not sit back. And have the corners play in tight coverage because the pass will be going off within 2.5 seconds.

That's how you shorten the field. That's what the Jets did yesterday by sending so many people and playing tight coverage in the secondary.. And that's why Brady only threw 2 passes over 20 yards in his 50 pass attempts. The jets shortened that field greatly....Brady and the Pats were dazed and confused not knowing what to do.

When the Bills sat back sending only 3 or 4 people in the last two possessions of the Pats game, and sitting back playing zone coverage , Brady picked them apart and threw 2 TD's in the last 3 minutes of the game.. When the Jets sent a lot of people at Brady yesterday having guys in his face with tight coverage in the secondary, Brady sucked and their timing and rhythm on offense was non-existent.

BRING THE HEAT ! We have plenty of people who can do it, so it would be silly not to. You must be in attack mode on defense when you face such passing offenses, and you have to shorten the field.. That's what other teams did to Miami and Marino in the playoffs. And what the Jets did to Brady yesterday.

And don't be afraid if the Colts run on draws or whatever when we blitz ....Because Miami has two of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. Both Bell and Wilson combined for over 250 tackles last year.. And against the run on running plays, Wilson led the league in tackles against the run for safeties, and Bell was 2nd in the NFL for tackles against the run last year. We almost have 2 linebackers at the safety positions so you should not be worried if the Colts run draws when we blitz.... And it's not like the Colts have a scary running game to begin with with their finesse OLine.

Our safeties, who play like linebackers sometimes, and understand how to read the proper keys quickly for the run, will limit their running game even if we do blitz and send 5 or 6 people...That is a strength of our team. And it gives more reason to send people at Manning all game long making his life miserable.

The league is going to be introduced to Cam Wake tonight. I can feel it.

You got that right.

Saying we should take away the run and make Manning beat us, is like other teams saying they should take away Miami's run and make Marino beat them (when Marino was around).

It's pretty foolish to go into a game with that game plan.

The key to beating the Colts is beating manning by bringing the heat. And that is by pressuring him early and often through the game by disrupting their timing and rhythm on offense.. That's how teams beat Marino.. Marino was pretty mediocre in games when he had immense pressure on him, just look at his playoff performances when we got beat. Marino made a ton of mistakes and errant passes in important games when he was consistently pressured.

And so does Manning. And Brady when we beat them 21-0 in 06 when we pressured him all game long.. Brady in the Super Bowl when he had a lot of pressure..... And yesterday when Brady was pressured through the game throwing errant passes.. That's how you beat high powered passing attacks who have a mediocre running game like the Colts do, and like the Dolphins had when Marino was around.

I would activate Cam Wake and have him, Porter and Taylor all on the field at the same time in passing situations, along with Merling and Starks etc. I would also bring Nate Jones on some blitzes. You have to bring people and not sit back. And have the corners play in tight coverage because the pass will be going off within 2.5 seconds.

That's how you shorten the field. That's what the Jets did yesterday by sending so many people and playing tight coverage in the secondary.. And that's why Brady only threw 2 passes over 20 yards in his 50 pass attempts. The jets shortened that field greatly....Brady and the Pats were dazed and confused not knowing what to do.

When the Bills sat back sending only 3 or 4 people in the last two possessions of the Pats game, and sitting back playing zone coverage , Brady picked them apart and threw 2 TD's in the last 3 minutes of the game.. When the Jets sent a lot of people at Brady yesterday having guys in his face with tight coverage in the secondary, Brady sucked and their timing and rhythm on offense was non-existent.

BRING THE HEAT ! We have plenty of people who can do it, so it would be silly not to. You must be in attack mode on defense when you face such passing offenses, and you have to shorten the field.. That's what other teams did to Miami and Marino in the playoffs. And what the Jets did to Brady yesterday.

And don't be afraid if the Colts run on draws or whatever when we blitz ....Because Miami has two of the best run stopping safeties in the NFL. Both Bell and Wilson combined for over 250 tackles last year.. And against the run on running plays, Wilson led the league in tackles against the run for safeties, and Bell was 2nd in the NFL for tackles against the run last year. We have 2 linebackers at the safety positions so you should not be worried if the Colts run draws when we blitz.... And it's not like the Colts have a scary running game to begin with with their finesse OLine.

Our safeties, who play like linebackers sometimes, and understand how to read the proper keys quickly for the run, will limit their running game even if we do blitz and send 5 or 6 people...That is a strength of our team. And it gives more reason to send people at Manning all game long making his life miserable.

Need a shutdown cb to run a NYJ type defense. Who is MIA's shutdown corner?

IMO, it will be keeping D. Clark out of the seams and the crossing patterns. MIA and their S's will need to contain him. I see the RUN game being a major cog of the offense tonight. I expect the front 7 to be just as effective against a mediocre run offense as they were against a great run offense last week.

Back
Top Bottom