*Official Crash and Burn of the NYJ* | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official Crash and Burn of the NYJ*

You have the right to be ****y, but just be careful on what you say today. When you lose to the Chargers or Colts next week, it really doesn't matter that you won today. The only bright spot from a Dolphins fan view of the Jets winning today is that the Jets now qualify for the "Final Eight Plan" of free agency during the "Final League Year". The Jets are going to have some serious restrictions when it comes to signing free agents.

yeah it's probably a good thing that free agency is gonna suck this year anyway. the restrictions will also remove like half of the players eligible and most of the players that are gonna be left aren't that good. i'll look fo rth elink....but free agency is gonna be pretty lackluster this year.

Ugh - I despise the Jets with all of my being. I hate them twice as much as the Pats and I HATE the Pats, but I have to give them credit as much as it pains me to do so. Yeah Indy let them in and I was convinced that Cincy held back on them last week, but this week when it was on the line for both teams they took care of business. It doesn't change the fact that the obnoxious trolls (outside of NYJunc and a few various Jet fans) only show up here when things are going good for them, but their team is playing well at the right time while our team choked it away. I hate it and I wish it wasn't so, but that's the sad truth.

The Bengals are so overrated. They only won the division because the Ravens were inconsistent and the Steelers collapsed.

actually they won the div b/c they SWEPT both of those teams.

Could you imagine if Sanchize didn't have a strong running game and top defense? He would probably break the single season interception record.

The greatest game ever by a rookie QB in postseason play(a great game for a vet QB too), not bad for a guy who can't play.

Nahh, just hit em in the mouth with the broom when they come rollin in here to brag about their season

yep, b/c who wants to play in and win playoff games? it's much more important to sweep a pair of games in october:lol:

You have the right to be ****y, but just be careful on what you say today. When you lose to the Chargers or Colts next week, it really doesn't matter that you won today. The only bright spot from a Dolphins fan view of the Jets winning today is that the Jets now qualify for the "Final Eight Plan" of free agency during the "Final League Year". The Jets are going to have some serious restrictions when it comes to signing free agents.

Sure it matters, we still won a road playoff game w/ a rookie HC and rookie QB. I think SD is the best team in the league, it will be very hard to beat them and if we don't we still had a great year.

I don't care about FA, you don't get too many opportunities to play in games like these. I'm enjpying what this team is doing now. i don't think we have a ton of cap room for FAs anyway. We are set at pretty much every position.

So a great defense and a great running game can win you playoff games despite having a really ****ty quarterback.

Interesting.

Did you happen to notice how great that ****ty quarterback was?

The Jets are screwed in FA now. Let's see what happens next week. NE losing tomorrow benefits us to see no AFC East teams. It will force New York to take a west coast trip.

I guess the FA thing is the next thing Miami fans have to hold onto. First it was "we swept you", then you guys were winning the div, then you guys were winning the WC, then the jets were done, then the jets had no chance against Cincy and now we have no shot against SD and we are screwed in FA.

beacause they bareky beat a poor cincy team. graham missed 2 costly FG's and palmer played terrible. the recievers had ginnistis. you honestly think they would beat 1. chargers 2. colts 3. pats?

We beat them by 10 on the road and it easily could have been by much more- Braylon drops a TD, we get 2 penalties on Fgs and before you start talking about those missed FGS remember the BS penalties that set up those FGs. It was justice that they missed those kicks.

I am very proud of the Dolphins for sweeping the Jets this year. They were a better team than us jet haters gave credit, and it was an accomplishment to kick their ***** twice. And now I am hoping for crushing humiliation for them in their next game.

Thanks but you beat us in 2 close games, you didn't kick our *** in any of the games.

I've comeback to take my medicine when it was time to do so-

But this thread title says it all-

I've been waiting for them to let Mark out of the bag, and they're inching closer to that point.

I would've rather played Indy but San Diego here we come-

The Jets will be playing the hottest team in the AFC next week out in San Diego, so we'll see how they do. The Ravens will beat the Patriots tomorrow. This is a rvenge game Baltimore has been waiting for all year the Patriots without welker going up against a still very strong defense will be too much for them. The Ravens are the more Physical team with a chip on their shoulders, and ready to put a hurting on Brady.

So next week I see Jets at Chargers and Ravens at Colts

JETS - #1 in Rushing (The best in the league)
Chargers - #20 against the run (pretty bad)

Chargers - #31 in Rushing (God-awful ... embarrassing)
JETS - #8 against the run (very good)

Chargers - #4 in passing (very good)
JETS - #1 against the pass (even better)

I know the Chargers are a great team, but these numbers don't lie. We're excellent at stopping what they're bad at ... and the best in the league at stopping what they do well... passing.
On the opposite side, they're not good at all at stopping what we do better than anyone in the league... running the ball.

I like our chance to control the clock, slow down their passing game and using our rushing attack to set up some big plays in the passing game. Turnovers being equal, I think we come away with a close win ... 27 - 24 JETS

JETS - #1 in Rushing (The best in the league)
Chargers - #20 against the run (pretty bad)

Chargers - #31 in Rushing (God-awful ... embarrassing)
JETS - #8 against the run (very good)

Chargers - #4 in passing (very good)
JETS - #1 against the pass (even better)

I know the Chargers are a great team, but these numbers don't lie. We're excellent at stopping what they're bad at ... and the best in the league at stopping what they do well... passing.
On the opposite side, they're not good at all at stopping what we do better than anyone in the league... running the ball.

I like our chance to control the clock, slow down their passing game and using our rushing attack to set up some big plays in the passing game. Turnovers being equal, I think we come away with a close win ... 27 - 24 JETS

Don't you wish stats could save you from the beating you are going to receive? I see a playoff win has pumped you ladies full of confidence. I can't say I blame you for that, but I really think you are over estimating yourselves.

Don't you wish stats could save you from the beating you are going to receive? I see a playoff win has pumped you ladies full of confidence. I can't say I blame you for that, but I really think you are over estimating yourselves.

I love this thread.

I actually think the Jets match up pretty well with the Chargers. Their strength on offense is the vertical passing attack, and that's what the Jets are best at shutting down. They don't run the ball very well. Their weakness on defense is stopping the run, and obviously that's our strength on offense.

The Chargers are clearly the favorites, but I think we have a good shot at taking this.

Actually, those are not estimates ... They're facts.

NOBODY defends the pass better than the NYJ :bowdown:
NOBODY runs the ball better than the NYJ:bowdown:

I know you don't want that to be true, but it is.

If you think we're going to get a "beating" you're going to be very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom