Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 111 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

IMO we cut Starks this week. One DT has to go. With Suh we will have 6 DT's on the roster. We know the young and inexpensive 3 of Francis, Johnson, and Johnson will stick. In fact I think Francis will end up starting alongside Suh. That leaves Starks and Mitchell. Mitchell is younger so I think he gets the nod.

I would think Mitchell would start with Suh?

I think Starks gets cut, but I would see if he would do a pay cut and allow him to make up the difference with team incentives. I think he could do well now with this line.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

If he says "no" to the cut, then I would can him.

Economics alone say it is Starks. 5m in cap savings as to why.

I am not rolling with Johnson and Francis at backups. I signing a veteran for rotational duties. If Starks takes a 50% pay cut, then he can stay. If not, I am parting ways.

Cut starks and let him check his market out then if you want and it makes sense you have the option to bring him back at a lower cap hit...if he signs elsewhere is what it is...

miami may have a better option anyways for the dt rotation in the works

revis????

Cant see that but it would have to be someone willing to be backloaded on the terms...if they can make a cobb 4 and 48 offer they can make another one...but in order for someone legit to sign backloaded would have to make the overall guaranteed money well worth it id think

crazy all this has leaked... just 2 years ago we signed all those players on the actual 1st day and nothing was really announced or known beforehand expect Mike Wallace, so obviously much more still to come

Cant see that but it would have to be someone willing to be backloaded on the terms...if they can make a cobb 4 and 48 offer they can make another one...but in order for someone legit to sign backloaded would have to make the overall guaranteed money well worth it id think

Very Good Point.
If they think they can do that then they are use that money elsewhere.

Also could be waiting to see what are the other cap casualties.

I do not think they are on Revis, but...Mike Tannenbaum was with Mangini when he was drafted in NY and he takes pride in that was one of his best picks. He could stick to both the Jets and Pats. Finally, we all know Dennis Hickey was in TB when they gave up the farm for Revis.

I just do not see the financials making much sense.

I can't see Miami pursuing Revis. If we were one player away from being SB contender, than maybe. Sounds like Revis looking for around $20 milkion a season. I think the Pats probably will not stop him from leaving. I don't know if the Jets would take him back? Revis may end up being a one year rental for a contender....but I doubt Miami is on his radar, or we're on his.

Starks, Fields, Ellerbe could all be booted Tuesday.

Cut starks and let him check his market out then if you want and it makes sense you have the option to bring him back at a lower cap hit...if he signs elsewhere is what it is...

miami may have a better option anyways for the dt rotation in the works
I think also since the commish was crying about the deals being leaked it has slowed up quite a bit.

Signing revis for the contract he's looking would force us to start cutting key players and would push our cap to at least 140m NEXT YEAR now with suh making 20m a year. Somehow maintaining this roster together with revis and suh would make us the Chelsea of the NFL.

They almost have to right? Can we even sign Sue right now as our cap is or do we still need to clear cap room just to sign Sue?

No idea based on we do not know how the money is spread out.

Back
Top Bottom