Official Detroit Pistons Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Detroit Pistons Thread

Alex44

Chicago Bears GM
Reaction score
This thread is for all the Pistons fans who cant carry a discussion in the Heat thread without argueing every word that comes out

Enjoy, and please stop causing problems in our thread

The key to winning tonight is going to be Sheed. If Sheed can play like he did in the second half of Game 3, we will have a great chance to win. if Sheed doen't show up just look foward Game 4.Others key to winning the game include:let Williams, Walker, Posey, and Payton shoot as much as possible; single team Shaq; come out strong early.

Ronnieisabeast said:
The key to winning tonight is going to be Sheed. If Sheed can play like he did in the second half of Game 3, we will have a great chance to win. if Sheed doen't show up just look foward Game 4.Others key to winning the game include:let Williams, Walker, Posey, and Payton shoot as much as possible; single team Shaq; come out strong early.

Id agree with that, but id say make them shoot from outside as much as possible, Williams actually has a good mid-range jumper, as does payton

Posey is a career 40+% shooter, Walker sucks though

Good luck tonight

DEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAASKETBALL. :down:

just wanted to put in my 2 cents. :wink:

Alex22 said:
This thread is for all the Pistons fans who cant carry a discussion in the Heat thread without argueing every word that comes out

:lol:

Roman529 said:
DEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAASKETBALL. :down:

Somebody needs to shoot that guy (Pistons announcer). He's just awful.

"Chauncey...buh buh buh buh Billups" :rolleyes2

And this is coming from one of the biggest hip hop fans you'll ever meet...

Alex22 said:

Break it down, ALEX:D

The key to win tonight again is Sheed. I think the pistons win tonight. I just can't see the pistons letting the heat take a 3-1 lead

The Pistons did "allow" the Heat to take a 3-1 lead....series is over....Flip gets fired after the series ends. Yep. :wink:

Big Trouble

The Pistons are buckling now, caving under the weight of Miami's giant stars, wobbling from the weight of their own hubris. The cracks have opened, and the Heat are prying them wider, intent on stomping through.

Have faith if you're so inclined, but this has the look of an unraveling. The Pistons fell to Miami 89-78 Monday night, dropped to a 3-1 deficit in the Eastern Conference finals and now teeter one loss from elimination.

The Pistons have slipped to the brink, and Miami is determined to push them over. Stars Dwyane Wade and Shaquille O'Neal are dominating at their leisure, and there doesn't appear to be anyone -- or anything -- to stop them.

We have seen signs of this for a while. We heard it the day before, when Pistons players grumbled about the coaching strategy of Flip Saunders. And then it was etched on the floor, as Miami pulled away in the fourth quarter, when Wade took over.

Game 5 is Wednesday night at The Palace, but if there's evidence the Pistons can win three in a row, please point it out. They did play well in the third quarter and showed legitimate hints of revival, and then it was gone, buried in a flash by the guy they call Flash -- Wade.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060530/SPORTS08/605300396/1127/SPORTS0102

A few comments made by the Piston fans:

It is hard to understand how a team that seemed to be so "Together" could come apart at the seems so quickly! It's sad to watch. :boohoo:
Gerald Miller, Hazel, KY

All i wanna know is what Joe D and Larry Brown are thinking right now. I never thought i would say this, but i miss Larry Brown so much. Imagine the fire coming out his mouth last night after a reporter asked him about the free throw discrepancy. This is why i worried about Flip Saunders when he was hired. Nice guy, but not a playoff coach. :fire:
dankdaddy6, Mount Pleasant, MI

These Pistons are done! Unfortunately all good runs come to an end. Even though I don't see them winning this series, at least go out with some pride. First, Quit whining about every foul call. You have not influenced the refs and are now being called the "Eastern Conference Spurs". Second, Coach can't shoot free throws. The FT% has been horrible. Third, Quit being scared of Shaq, attack the basket. Fourth, give D.Wade his props he has stepped up his game and made some incredible shots. And finally, quit complaining about Joe D., he will make the necessary changes in the summer as needed. On a final note, it is funny that the media now respect the Pistons, when for the longest time they were spat on. Maybe the media needs to go back to that.:eek:
T. Jackson, arlington, tx

I am extremely embarrassed by the comments I have seen on this site from ALL of the "SUPPOSED" Detroit Pistons FANS!! If you are a "TRUE FAN" then you stand behind them through the good and the bad but obviously most of you only stick around when the gettin is GOOD (I believe those people are called BANDWAGON JUMPERS NOT FANS)!!!!!! Where are my real FANS AT!!! It's time for everyone to stand up including the Pistons and reclaim what we have KNOWN AND BELIEVED all season long!!! We are the Best Team in the League and We want this National Championship!! We have been in this position before and we beat the odds! We can do it again!! All U REAL DETROIT PISTON FANS YOU JUST GOTTA HOLD ONTO HOPE AND FAITH AND BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE!! I love these boys regardless of what may or may not happen this season but I WILL NEVER GIVE UP FAITH IN WHAT THEY CAN AND WILL DO!! DETROIT PISTONS 4 LIFE!! Lets DO THIS!!! ~Christie W. (TRUE BELIEVER) :tantrum:
PistonsDieHard, Kalamazoo, MI

This is a pretty sad day. This team flirting with dynasty territory gets their rears handed to them. There is no one reason for the pistons demise. It just something that happens to teams over the long run. The FG% is a disgrace, the assists to turnovers is so bad its amazing that this team was so efficient over the regular season. Ben Wallace's free throws, Rips horrid shooting, chauncey's dimise from top PG's in the league, the bench, the zebras, all of it. Maybe it is time to stop complaining because next year this team will look different. We all know Joe D and he will make the necessary moves. Lets enjoy the final days of Ben Wallace and whoever else might be moved this summer. This was a special team. How ironic is it that the year they finally get the much deserved credit the fall apart. :boohoo:
dankdaddy6, Mount Pleasant, MI

THIS JUST IN!!!!! f.b.i. officials have given up their search in milford for jimmy hoffas body after recieving anonymous calls from auburn hills. the agency will now shift those resources into finding the pistons defense. one official was quoted saying " It's one of two places, the barbie aisle at toys r us or behind the three point line" :sidelol: :sidelol:
wecantscore, st clair shores, mi

http://info.detnews.com/pistons/lettersindex.cfm?topic=Pistons_outlook&forum=pistons

:fire: As a pistons fan I feel digusted. This is pathenic. This team was about to go to 3 three straight finals and just blew it. They lost to a team with Walker, Payton, Pose, and Williams. The really sad thing is that the pistons showed you in the 3rd quarter that they have the ability to win, but faded in the 4th quarter AGAIN. I'm still going to Game 5, but I don't think I will enjoy it very much. I still think if the pistons would show up they could actually win this series but they won't. :fire:

Ronnieisabeast said:
:fire: As a pistons fan I feel digusted. This is pathenic. This team was about to go to 3 three straight finals and just blew it. They lost to a team with Walker, Payton, Pose, and Williams. The really sad thing is that the pistons showed you in the 3rd quarter that they have the ability to win, but faded in the 4th quarter AGAIN. I'm still going to Game 5, but I don't think I will enjoy it very much. I still think if the pistons would show up they could actually win this series but they won't. :fire:

And Miami showed in the last 30 seconds of game 2 that Detroit cant hang with us when we want it

Back
Top Bottom