***Official Dolphins @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Our Dolphins will try overcome a short practice week to stay undefeated and win their third straight game in the preseason tonight when they travel 180 mile northwest to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a nationally televised preseason game on FOX Sports. Kickoff from Raymond James Stadium will be right after 8:00PM Eastern Standard Time.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will announce the game commentary with field reporters Pam Oliver and Curt Menefee for the NFL On FOX, with WSVN My Fox Miami 7 televising locally. Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live game commentary on Dolphins flagship station WQAM 560AM SportsRadio in Miami, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Let's hope the Fins avenge their preseason loss last August, and GO DOLPHINS!!!!! :wink: :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/pregamereport.asp

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newssite/news/fromthegame.asp

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009082750/209/PRE3/dolphins@buccaneers

first!

I have a game day shirt on at work and I can hardly sit still...

Kind of early for this huh? I'm watching the replay against the kittys now. :lol:

Lets make it so that when we go undefeated through the season and playoffs they can't even say we lost a preseason game. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of folks knocked Griese but he is not doing a bad job in the Carolina game.

I couldn't stand listening to Griese again so soon. I need at least a full week to listen to him again, even though I know its just for the pre-season.

I think our first-teamers can easily handle their first teamers. Tampa Bay is a much weaker team this year.

I was hoping for a better Tampa team so we could get a better feel for our starters. I think this game may be too easy to get a real feel for where we are at.

I think our first-teamers can easily handle their first teamers. Tampa Bay is a much weaker team this year.

Well we wont find that out because thier first team receivers will not play and thier first team linebacker is now back at safety. Defensively thier front 7 will be weaker but overall thier offense will be better although we probably wont see that offense since they are giving Cadillac the start and like I said thier top receivers wont play. I do agree we should gain some confidence in this game. Now if thier backup receivers make our secondary look bad I might start to get worried.

First live HD game of the season for me, the other two I watched streamed on my laptop with not-so-great quality. Hopefully I'll get to see the Phins play well with zero injuries in HD.

I like the fact that this game is nationally televised because it gives the players a sense of a night spotlight game. We have two Monday night home games early in the season.

Tonight is good preparation for that with the players knowing there will be a lot of eyeballs watching.

It should be the most realistic game since the third pre season game is usually taken the most seriously. I still don't expect Pat White to take a Wild Cat snap, but I do expect a few more trick plays and a bit more of the Ricky/Ronnie tandem in the first QTR. It should be a good game, especially w/ Tampa's decent defense - it will be a nice test for some of the rookies and back ups.

Any predictions? I expect a 21 to 17 victory by the Fins.

Back
Top Bottom