*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ COLTS GAME THREAD *** Week 2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ COLTS GAME THREAD *** Week 2

Never said you doubted Tannehill, , my 1st reply was to somene talking about Luck and how good he is, and great he may eventually be (I agree), but I was just reminding him that Miami does also a QB that can is pretty good himself, and is also growing, maybe even more, considering how little experience he got in college.

I agree that QB ratings are misleading, but not caring or thinking very highly of the QBR does not mean it did not happen, there is still a reason both were so close to each other.
And Bess has amazing WPA. That certainly happened.

And Bess has amazing WPA. That certainly happened.

Probably not as much as the stat wil indicate, but considering how little talent Miami has had on offense, and how efficient he has been, especially on 3rd down, there may be a little truth there, maybe not the biggest reason for what little succes Miami has had, but a good reason no the less. Like I said, stats are mis-leading, I agree, I also cold care less, but in every stat there is a bit of some true info if yo are willing to try to figre the truth from the misleading.

Big opportunity for Olivier Vernon, he hasn't proven he can beat NFL tackles yet but if he gets the opportunity at Luck in space he won't miss. I predict 2 sacks for Mr. Vernon.

While I'm at it:

Tannehill 280 yards and 2 TDs (Gibson and Thomas)
Tannehill will be the rushing leader with about 50 yards and a TD
Gibson the receiving leader for 120 yards and a TD

Never said you doubted Tannehill, , my 1st reply was to somene talking about Luck and how good he is, and great he may eventually be (I agree), but I was just reminding him that Miami does also a QB that can is pretty good himself, and is also growing, maybe even more, considering how little experience he got in college.

I agree that QB ratings are misleading, but not caring or thinking very highly of the QBR does not mean it did not happen, there is still a reason both were so close to each other.

I honestly pay no mind to QBR, or any of the ratings. There is no better way of knowing a QBs performance than to learn the scheme he is in, look at what is around him, and look at his play. Luck had a statistically turrible year aside from yards and wins, but watching even a single game you could see that his strengths were ruined behind our O line and the vertical scheme BA ran(It was effective and a big part of the comebacks though).

I just hope the running game gets on the bus to indy this week.

horseexerciseballgif-1.jpg

I laughed my ass off at that. Thank you.

The key is (obviously) getting to Luck. His pocket awareness is astonishing. If the pass rush does to Luck what it did to Weeden last week, the Fins will be in a great position to win.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

I am concerned a lot about the Colts 3 receiver sets and the tough pass rushers coming off the edge. Mathis and Walden (who should still be in Miami) are nasty to deal with. Cory Redding is a load too.

redding might eat jerry for lunch, that could be a big problem, if that is likely to happen

Our defense could play great and still get burned for forty-plus by Luck. I do think he will expose us a little bit, just in that the guys are new and have to play a few games to fine tune what will be a solid defense by mid season. I see our offense poised to take the next step. Last week’s running game was an aberration, a lot of that gets corrected. I see signs that we are capable of putting points on the board like we haven’t seen in a long time around here. This will be a high scoring game. Our defense is superior, I think we win the turnover battle, so I am predicting a Dolphins win today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish that Richard Marshall was still on the team. A veteran CB would help today.

Back
Top Bottom