***Official Dolphins @ N. Y. Jets Game Day Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Dolphins @ N. Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! :) Our 2-4 Fins will try to win their third game of their 2009 NFL season today as they travel 1085 miles north to the New Jersey Meadowlands to play their AFC East Division rival, the 3-4 New York Jets in their last regular season visit at the current Giants Stadium. Fins defeated the Jets in their earlier meeting 31-27 on Monday Nght three weeks ago at Landshark Stadium back on October 12.

Today's game will be the 87th meeting between the teams since their rivalry started in the old American Football League back in 1966. Jets unfortunately lead the all time series 46-41-1, and were 8-0 when both teams were in the AFL before the merger with the NFL n 1970. Both teams met only once in the postseason, with the Fins defeatng the Jets 14-0 back on January 23, 1983. Dolphins currently hold a two-game winnng streak coming into today.

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will announce the primary singleheader game for the NFL On CBS, with WFOR CBS 4 televisng locally in Miami on HD.

Former Dolphin players Jimmy Cefalo, Jim Mandich, and Joe Rose will also announce the live game play-by-play and analysis on WQAM SportsRadio 560AM, and the Dolphins Radio Network.

Local weather conditions at the Giants Stadium area for this afternoon's 1:05 Eastern Standard Time kickoff will be clear and mostly cloudy skies at 58 degrees after a few morning showers, 30% precipitation, 44% humidity, and mild north/northwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

Visting Dolphins will dress in their matching white jerseys and pants, while the host N.Y. Jets will wear their green jerseys, and white pants.

I wish the Dolphins to play safe and smart with a productive offense and swarming defense, and no injuries to the players as they enter the field.
Let's see our Fins win their third game in 2009 through the leadership of Head Coach Tony Sparano, QB Chad Henne, and the rest of the Dolphins and players, and LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot: :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/schedule/jets-vs-dolphins

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110107/2009/REG8/dolphins-vs-jets

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2009/08-CBS.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphins-Jets_rivalry

Have you been sittin there waiting for the clock to strike midnight just to post this? :err: :up:

BTW, stomp the ****in Jets. Screw those scumbags, especially their fat excuse of a head coach.

I'm not as excited for this game as I was in the past, gonna take this game with the fullest of optimism. If we win great! If we lose....well that's another story

Just beat the Jets. I don't care if we get destroyed by New England next week, just beat the damn Jets.

As much sh*t talking as the Jets spewed our way, I really hope we rush for 300 yards.

I want this game more than the first one!

Come on Phins! Win by 50 like Cedar said!

Let's see our pull Fins try to pull the upset and win their third game of their 2009 season when they play the Jets this afternoon at the New Jersey Meadowlands. GO DOLPHINS!!!!!:woot: :dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Why would Miami beating New York tomorrow be considered an upset? They didn't prove anything 3 weeks ago that makes them better than us.

Only reason they were even close in that game is because the ref's constantly made bull**** calls against Will Allen. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. We out preformed them in every major category.

Im not sure what would feel better

Watching the Pats fans leave early last year after the Wildcat stomped them out

or watching the Lame A** Jets fans leaving that dump of a stadium early tomorrow

Im not sure what would feel better

Watching the Pats fans leave early last year after the Wildcat stomped them out

or watching the Lame A** Jets fans leaving that dump of a stadium early tomorrow

LOL man I don't know about you guys but I'm a freaking die hard fins fan...I can't f'ing wait for tomorrow to come around and to watch them play... I want them to win so badly tomorrow I don't even understand how I can get so excited over a sports game... baseball/basketball/ dont even come close to getting me as hyped up but I am also a heat/marlins fan obviously

We can only afford 2 more losses, so Im hoping its Carolina and Tampa

If we go 10-6 with those losses, we are IN!

But most likely it will be Pats (one game) and Pittsburgh

Back
Top Bottom