Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy about Tua. I'm fine with the Jackson pick. No idea about the Igbinoghehe pick if I'm honest. I was thinking Safety so maybe that disappointment clouded my view a little. Hes projected as a slot CB which is a need so that's a positive.
Today its Safety and more OL help I think.
Pick 30 seemed like the perfect time to snag the best back in the draft and get you that 5th year option to give you extra time to find his replacement when he’s about to get paid.

Last edited:

Is everyone happy? What's the plan for today folks?

Personally I would love a RB early, maybe after a small trade up to the very top of the round

Am I happy?

Well, Tan Marino is on the team. I think I can manage a few smiles lol

I want Josh Jones next. Build that wall and build it tall. Gotta protect Tan the Man.

Got to be aggressive. Don't need all the late picks, so work the board. Lots of talent; Hennessy and Winfield stand out as must haves to me

Quality left on the board and we need a pass rusher in the worst way. Let’s assist our new DBs with pressure on the QB

Complete change in philosophy took three guys with extremely high ceilings that I believe the coaching staff can get the talent out of them.

The best quarterback in the last handful of years and a plan to ease him in. A tackle who is young freakishly athletic high-quality character who I think got better and better as the year went on and see that as a trend. And then a corner who can play inside out press man be a kick and punt returner super versatile aggressive tackling defensive back.

Lots of picks the next two days got an extra fourth, I see a coupling of some pics to maybe try to get into late third should a player of value be there. Should be a very interesting day.

Am I happy?

Well, Tan Marino is on the team. I think I can manage a few smiles lol

I want Josh Jones next. Build that wall and build it tall. Gotta protect Tan the Man.

Id be totally fine with adding more OL starters.

I really am willing to give Grier a break and am currently relaxed about it as I fully expect Tua to have a redshirt season - but I am going to go nuts if I ever have to watch Tua go out there with the likes of Jesse Davis on his blindside

Happy about Tua. I'm fine with the Jackson pick. No idea about the Igbinoghehe pick if I'm honest. I was thinking Safety so maybe that disappointment clouded my view a little. Hes projected as a slot CB which is a need so that's a positive.
Today its Safety and more OL help I think.
and running-back

When do you expect the Dolphins to compete? 2021 season in the playoffs? Year 3 for Flores?

I dunno the answer to that. But with Tua or Fitz, this roster will still be far from complete this season. Eg. We now have a tackle, but he is likely to have significant growing pains

I am not a doctor, but I do think that that sitting for a year or even half a season, resting up the hip etc could do Tua a lot of good in the long term

Even his agent said:

I will tell you that Patrick Mahomes [was] greatly helped . . . by the fact that he had a year to learn and he learned behind Alex Smith, and Alex Smith was a generous mentor,” Steinberg said, mentioning another client of his who happens to be playing this weekend. “It takes the right personality in the existing quarterback to bring along the next young quarterback, but if you look at Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, none of them started the first year and my wish for Tua would be that he would go to a team that would give him a year to learn the system and do everything before the pressure of being a starting quarterback was upon him

I would at the very least start the season with Fitz, especially as our OL looks like it will still be a work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom