Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree I’m not that impressed but I’ll take a wait-and-see approach. I keep hearing that we wanted this guy and somebody jumped us but I didn’t hear us jumping anyone for a guy.

I understand they Should have a plan and focus and not always after the big name but there were some talent that was within reach that could’ve helped us with greater upside in some of the players they picked. We’ll see

I tell you right now Baltimore is just a draft machine. There is no need for Miami to worry about rushing to be be a lot better, because the AFC will belong to the Ravens and Chiefs for the foreseeable future. Baltimore not only has great starters, but they just continue to add quality depth.

I was so pumped up to start the draft, and it started out well with Tua. After that, I felt a little bit more deflated with every pick. I'm convinced our scouting dept is terrible. No matter what gm / coach comes in, our drafts are always terrible. The one thing all these regimes have in common are the scouts.

Year after year, we watch Miami have bad drafts while teams like Baltimore just outsmart everyone and clean up. And every year, I'm optimistic that this might be the year that we will have a good draft. But it never happens. So frustrating.
I think it’s partially scouting but also having skill set - pivoting and maneuvering.
Miami should have controlled this draft. Create the runs on positions.
They just reacted and left an uninspiring result.
They effed up the RB pick and later on missed the Safety boat. Why? For a mauling RG and unproductive DT?
Cmon.

I keep saying it. Grier is the problem! Yes, it’s way too early to tell if any of these guys will be good or not. My point is that Grier has not gotten anywhere close to the value for the picks he had. He didn’t manipulate the board at all. The one thing he has done is reach for every pick that isn’t named Tua. This is a D+ draft in my eyes. If Tua pans out it goes to a C

Question to all those that think that Grier is “killing it”..... If someone a month ago put the first 3 rounds into a mock draft and posted it. Would any of you have said “That’s a great draft!!”? I highly doubt it.

Exactly. Hunt might be a nice player but it was a reach there. The Davis Pick I don’t get.
I keep saying it. Grier is the problem! Yes, it’s way too early to tell if any of these guys will be good or not. My point is that Grier has not gotten anywhere close to the value for the picks he had. He didn’t manipulate the board at all. The one thing he has done is reach for every pick that isn’t named Tua. This is a D+ draft in my eyes. If Tua pans out it goes to a C

Question to all those that think that Grier is “killing it”..... If someone a month ago put the first 3 rounds into a mock draft and posted it. Would any of you have said “That’s a great draft!!”? I highly doubt it.

You could say that about anyone's draft, Its not lights out imo but its solid and I'd like to think as far as the Defensive players where my question marks are Flores should be able to know what he is doing.

I'm wondering if all the pre draft RB talk was a smokescreen? They had opportunities to draft several. But passed. Maybe they like the ones on the roster, more than they are letting on.

Not gonna lie underwhelming day 2 for me

would love it if we’d find a way at some point to put the first 2 days together of the draft some year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom