𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

Not sure exactly where to put this post, but I think this forum is as good a place as any. Last week, the world lost a great man and a wonderful human being - my Dad. At 86 years old, he lived a very full life - he was multi-talented and brilliant, but perhaps more importantly, he was dedicated to helping others in any way he could. His unselfishness touched many many people, and so he was much loved and revered.

He did however have one indulgence, an addiction if you will, that consumed more of his time and energy than it probably should have. Having said that, one can't really argue with the results:

Big Fish1.jpeg

Rest in peace, Dad - you've earned it, and I know where you are right now, the water is calm and the bite is on. Looking forward to the day when we can share the boat again, and finally catch that elusive big one once and for all.

Rest in peace, Dad - you've earned it, and I know where you are right now, the water is calm and the bite is on. Looking forward to the day when we can share the boat again, and finally catch that elusive big one once and for all.

So sorry to hear about your father. You never really know how you affected the world until you die. Such a shame.

i snatched his guy just after the line broke pretty much out of the mouth of a 7 foot gator one night in the dark at Everglades Natl park. I knew not supposed to take fish from there but I was young , dumb and blitzed so ....

billsbass.jpg

Only 9 1/2 lbs but the story will live on forever :)

Here's where I was fishing when the water is low.

glades%202_zpsrlwgvj2l.jpg

At night all you see is a set of orange eyes coming at you. The trick was to reel slow so the fish did not break the water. Once he made some noise the gators closed in for the kill.

Not sure exactly where to put this post, but I think this forum is as good a place as any. Last week, the world lost a great man and a wonderful human being - my Dad. At 86 years old, he lived a very full life - he was multi-talented and brilliant, but perhaps more importantly, he was dedicated to helping others in any way he could. His unselfishness touched many many people, and so he was much loved and revered.

He did however have one indulgence, an addiction if you will, that consumed more of his time and energy than it probably should have. Having said that, one can't really argue with the results:

View attachment 16955

Sorry Gas, very sad. Know you have great fishing memories with him and those you'll have forever. You were lucky to have a Dad that fished with you, some of us weren't blessed with that! May he rest in peace on that big lake in the sky!

Back
Top Bottom