𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

RIP Dorf aka Tim Conway

the combination of fish, taters, and biscuits doesnt sound appetizing but im always about the sauce when i used to fish. in fact most of the time when i would fish with buddies i wouldnt even bring a rod, just a hard pack, zippo, and case of who gives a damn if i dont catch ones

This past weekend my friend of 30 years had his final wishes carried out. He died around Christmas last year. He was ex-military, patriotic, single and fishing was his passion. He had a fishing room at his house that probably had $20,000 worth of lures and equipment.

He final wishes were for his ashes to be dumped into 2 of his favorite places to fish. On July 4th half was dumped in Lake Vermilion near a friends fishing cabin. A few days later the rest was released in the French River in Canada.

I will miss that man but remember him anytime I cast a line in the future.........

upload_2019-8-9_12-18-25.png

Spent last week with family at Long Lake in Michigan. Mom rented a house and 11 of us from all over country hung out for the week. The house came with a nice dock and a couple of kayaks. We did some fishing from the dock but only caught some small perch and bass. There was a big Walleye or Pike out in a weed bed just off the dock. But he was too cagey for us. It was great to see my daughter catch a fish even if it was only a bait fish. That's a nice relaxing activity. Need to do it more often.

We had an epic Rd snapper bite this past weekend 4 5miles out of Sarasota, FL. We got our 5 person limit on Red snapper (thank you Governor Desantis for extending American red Snapper season an additional weekend based on REAL science). We also had a mess of Red groupers, Gag groupers, mangrove snappers, and lane snappers.

Nice haul :UP:

Just 4.5 miles out ? What is that 30 feet deep or so ?

The times I've fished on the west coast is was a long trip out to get to deeper water

Not exactly pond monsters. My father in law told me he had his pond stocked. I caught a "fish" as soon as the night crawler hit the water. Dang things mouth was so small, i think i ripped half his face off trying to get the hook out, felt bad so hung out with dad. He caught about 6 or 7, we could've fit all of them in a fish bowl from walmart. I was finally able to get dad out of the house for one of hte first times since he moved in. Good fresh air for us. After hunting season I'm going to take him to the pond where i used to live. It does have some pond monsters...but its a bout a 4.5 acre pond surrounded by 40 acres of trees in pristine deer hunting area, so yeah ill wait til the new year.

oh the 4th pic is the one i reeled in. was a whopper, sum bitch hit the bait and ran

Attachments

• fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 7
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 7
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 7
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 7
A few years ago we were on vacation in Clearwater and went on a half day charter with Queen Fleet.

We caught a bunch of White Grunts but someone else on board caught a pelican which got released. Damn birds were trying to take the bait off the hooks before it could hit the water. One guy caught a really small grouper which he thought was trophy worthy but we all convinced him to throw it back.

Got to the dock and they cleaned everyone's catch.

I took the crew's advice, walked down the dock to Crabby's Dockside with my catch where they prepared it and we all had lunch.

So in short I paid for half a day on a Queen, caught some grunts and we all wound up at Crabby's.

1617461984448.png

1617459447936.png
1617459393130.png
1617459841304.png
1617460184035.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom