𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

gif

Post your best fishing pictures but the catch is there has to be a good story to go with it'

I'll start

23BillsFish.jpg

Fishing in a Dolphin Rodeo contest off of Fort Lauderdale we were not having much luck. The winds were up and there was no weed lines to be found. The contest was nearing an end and the biggest Dolphin we had caught the day before in the two day event was only 20 lb's so things were looking bleak. We were out about 10 miles in the shipping channels when we came across a bag of garbage probably thrown over board by a passing freighter. Noticing lots of small fish gathering under it we put out our lines. i lowered the down rigger with a google eye sporting a red skirt. The fish above was soon on and i hauled it in. We hurried back to the weight in at Miami Beach marina and just got there in time.
Usually a 43 lb Dolphin would not be in the top grouping but because of the poor weather I did manage 3rd place :brewskis:
This is a bad ass photo!

Haven't been fishing in years, used to enjoy it as a kid with my Uncle. We would usually just fish the lake behind their house, but we did go out into the ocean a couple times.

Best was when we went to Texas on a trip with my Aunt and Cousin to visit his parents. Giant lake with waves in the back, we went fishing about every day.

Not going to lie though, as a kid I was not a fan of being on the Ocean with just 2 other guys at most and a small to medium boat. Every wave felt like a death wish to me at the time.

I went on 3 fishing trips 3 this year. I grew up on a farm in small town ND. I now live just outside the Twin Cities. These trips are how I keep my sanity.

2022 ND Walleye.jpg
This first one is of my son and I fishing for walleye at Devils Lake in ND

2022 4 Generations.jpg
This one is pretty special to me. 4 generations in the boat. Ages from 14 all the way up to 85. It may be the last time my grandpa ever gets in his boat again.

2022 LOW.jpg
I do a couples trip with the wifey every year. (Don't judge me, you are required to wear matching shirts) Yes, yes, I also know I outkicked my coverage.

2022 46.5.jpg
The last trip is all for me. Full moon in August on Lake Vermillion. First spot of the trip I hooked into this 46.5" on a figure-8.

We got a couple more low 40" fish the next couple days and I was pretty happy with the trip. Then this happened...

2022 50.25.jpg
a 50.25" blond bombshell that also hit in the figure-8. Caught it the afternoon on the last day of the trip.

I went on 3 fishing trips 3 this year. I grew up on a farm in small town ND. I now live just outside the Twin Cities. These trips are how I keep my sanity.

View attachment 116204
This first one is of my son and I fishing for walleye at Devils Lake in ND

View attachment 116205
This one is pretty special to me. 4 generations in the boat. Ages from 14 all the way up to 85. It may be the last time my grandpa ever gets in his boat again.

View attachment 116207
I do a couples trip with the wifey every year. (Don't judge me, you are required to wear matching shirts) Yes, yes, I also know I outkicked my coverage.

View attachment 116208
The last trip is all for me. Full moon in August on Lake Vermillion. First spot of the trip I hooked into this 46.5" on a figure-8.

We got a couple more low 40" fish the next couple days and I was pretty happy with the trip. Then this happened...

View attachment 116211
a 50.25" blond bombshell that also hit in the figure-8. Caught it the afternoon on the last day of the trip.

Stellar.

Love the pic with Grandpa, dad, you and your son.

My grandfather is 81 and made national headlines in Greece two summers ago when he went to drop gil nets 9 (by himself) overnight and didn't take water, a flare or his cell phone. Needless to say his engine cut out at some point so he set anchor and didn't move for 8 hours. The Greek Coast Guard found him alive and well. Smartest thing he did was set that anchor or no one would've found alive. My mom and aunt chewed him out a new one, as expected but they don't understand the lure of fishing. My Grandpa's been a commercial fisherman for 60 years. It's just who he is.

Seeing your grandpa made think of that story.

Wish I still had the picture but it was lost when we moved from California. Several of the guys from where I worked, we got together and went to Cabo San Lucas. We went marlin fishing and I caught a 156# striper. Thats pretty small for a marlin but it was a hell of a fight whea i was in a Panga (row boat) Then we were fishing for red snapper and I caught a 8' hammerhead shark when fishing the bottom. It pulled us all over the Sea of Cortez.

So, what a fishing charter day cost nowadays from Miami? Might be a thing to do in October

I paid $600 for one 15 years ago so it's probably north of that now. Didn't include food and drink plus a nice tip for the mate who cleaned the fish for us

bestdayever_zps4790a4b7.jpg

A cheaper option is a party boat with maybe 20 other people on board

Back
Top Bottom