Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Free Agency and Rumors Thread

bdmagnum, I see you're from Arvada. I'm in Thornton. I was beginning to wonder if there were any other Dolphins fans here.

I don't view Clay as a big loss. we have bigger needs then TE with Sims and Hoskins there. WR is a huge need regardless of Wallace staying

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I stand corrected. but you can get Jordan cheap and draft a Walford and be good

I don't know how cheap Jordan will be. We could get Chandler for cheap but I have a feeling that Jordan is going to want 5-7 million.

could keep Clay with the money saved. unless Buffalo is going insanely high. he already counts 7 mill against our cap because of the tag on him. if we save another 5 million we can match any offer

Clay is good .... But not elite. Looks like these guys are getting ready to pay for an elite tight end out here.... Without a good qb , they'll be dissapointed .

I love clay but if they get crazy and overpay which they will . Let him go .

could keep Clay with the money saved. unless Buffalo is going insanely high. he already counts 7 mill against our cap because of the tag on him. if we save another 5 million we can match any offer

True, still need to be prudent though. Who knows, those crazy bastards could offer him $9 mil for all we know.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m3 minutes ago
Raiders sign defensive tackle Dan Williams

We did the same thing with big Paul, franchised him, and worked out a long term deal before he went to Atlanta. I am not saying Clay is worth 8.3 mil a year, but it was going to cost us seven anyway. Saving the 1.3 opened the door for rr. I am no GM but I read here that Buforillo wanted clay badly. I think if we franchised him mr. Foot would have still got him and we would have received a first rounder. I just always liked Clay and darn he was a player we actually developed. I just hope Jill's way overpay for him. Boy do I hate Ryan!

Hate to lose him but on this one I think the Phish played it right. Clay, while I hate to lose him, is not a big game changer. Yea, he would get hot and make a couple of plays, but he disappeared just as often... if not more. If Barfalo wants to burn cap space, so be it. Ryan will be competitive for a while, but he has the same problem he had with the Jests.... no QB He has not showed he can solve that one yet. Good for Clay (4th rd?) getting a big pay day

It's not like Clay is irreplaceable. ...have fun scraping the ice off your ride. Next.

Back
Top Bottom