****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

I thought if we cut Suh before June 1 we only get between 3-9 mil and after June 1 we get the full 17 mi.?

If they make Suh a pre June 1st cut it only frees up 3.9 million. If they make him a post June 1st cut then it frees up 17 million. But that 17 million can not be used until after June 1st.

If they make Suh a pre June 1st cut it only frees up 3.9 million. If they make him a post June 1st cut then it frees up 17 million. But that 17 million can not be used until after June 1st.

Precisely this. Suh's money would go toward draft picks and future cap needs. All Miami has to do is be $1 under the cap until June 1 and then we get relief.

I disagree. I would say he's no Julio Jones as everyone is so quick to state, but few are. I think at the stage Parker has shown to be an NFL starting caliber receiver. Maybe a mid-level number 2 receiver with the potential to still be much more. I really think playing without Landry will give him an opportunity to step up his game.
I guess I have just seen too many soft plays from him where he is in the wrong spot, doesn’t fight for the ball at times, switched hands w the ball running through teeth of Jets D and had it stripped, has lost out on athletic receptions (at least 1 TD and 1 2-pt play in 2015) by allowing a smaller DB to move him OOB before getting his body in bounds, running side to side when 1st down market was a yard in front of him last year - and got hurt on the play. I just see a guy who is athletic and gifted but doesn’t play fast or with high football IQ. And I don’t think that’s fixable really. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but to this point in his career, when given chances to make plays in big situations he fails to haul in the ball more often than not.

You do know Jordy Nelson isn'g good anymore right?

He's lost all his steps.

I disagree, Nelson played 5 games with Rogers at
QB and put up 6 tds and 258 yards. Nelson put up ZERO tds and 224 yards in 11 games with Hundley as QB.

I think Nelson's problem was he had a crappy QB in Hundley
Hundley played in 11 games and produced 9tds and 12 ints

If Nelson goes to the Patriots expect over 1000 yards receiving
and double digit tds

I disagree, Nelson played 5 games with Rogers at
QB and put up 6 tds and 258 yards. Nelson put up ZERO tds and 224 yards in 11 games with Hundley as QB.

I think Nelson's problem was he had a crappy QB in Hundley
Hundley played in 11 games and produced 9tds and 12 ints

If Nelson goes to the Patriots expect over 1000 yards receiving
and double digit tds

All of this.

Likely have their eyes on another position in those rounds. Not wild about picking up both, one or the other maybe but not both. I'm willing see how it plays out. If the team goes into the season with a tight end, Stills, Parker, Wilson and Amendola there might not be too may opportunities for Grant, Carroo, Ford or a young draft pick.

Exactly- if we just needed to replace a WR, sure pick one in rd 1 or 2, but we need a QB and a TE etc.

If you start looking at all the needs you have to try and fill something in FA if possible.

If they make Suh a post June 1st cut. Then they won't be able to use that 17 million until June 2nd. When most of the top free agents have already signed. 8 of that 17 million will go towards signing draft picks. Leaving 9 million to sign whoever is still available after June 1st.

Currently they have 1.9 million in cap space not including the agreements with Amendola and Wilson supposedly already made. So they are going to have to free up more cap space before June 2nd. Cutting Julius Thomas frees up another 6.6 million. So that would get them to 8.5 milion under the cap. That may be enough to cover Amendola's and Wilson's cap hits depending on how the deals are structured.

People expecting the team to sign a bunch more free agents just aren't being realistic.

You and I are on the same page, something else is happening today that we don’t know about yet.

I dont really see who else they release, hopefully Wake stays but maybe its him or they restructure him. I dont see any other trades since James is staying.

Our friend Hayden is telling me we restructure Jones and or Tannehill- not seeing it but maybe.

You and I are on the same page, something else is happening today that we don’t know about yet.

I dont really see who else they release, hopefully Wake stays but maybe its him or they restructure him. I dont see any other trades since James is staying.

Our friend Hayden is telling me we restructure Jones and or Tannehill- not seeing it but maybe.

I could see Miami restructure Tannehill if they plan on keeping him around for awhile.

If not then leave it.

I could see Miami restructure Tannehill if they plan on keeping him around for awhile.

If not then leave it.

I think it’s a tough call, probably better off leaving it alone so you have the out, but I could see it fits the MO of this FO to do it.

Back
Top Bottom