****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

I highly doubt that the Pats are overly worried about losing Dion Lewis. They used multiple RBs all season in 2017.

Losing Solder might be a little more of a concern, but with the best offensive line coach around on their staff, they’ll overcome that, too.

I wouldn’t call Amendola a “top WR”. When you have Cooks & Edelman in 2018, you’ll be able to survive losing Amendola pretty painlessly.
All those guys are replaceable in their system. Solder is more of a loss, but they have the best OL coach in the game. They'll figure it out.

FOXBOROUGH, MA – With NFL free agency in a frenzy, the New England Patriots are among the teams making moves to improve their roster.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, New England has signed referee Carl Paganelli to a 3-year deal worth a reported $12 million, with $5 million guaranteed and a $1 million signing bonus.

The move comes after the Patriots failed to beat the Eagles in Super Bowl LII, unable to rack enough phantom penalties to overcome Nick Foles and the Eagles offense.

“We needed to bolster our roster of guys out there,” head coach Bill Belichick told reporters during the team’s media session Tuesday. “We cut a few guys who refused to throw a roughing the passer penalty on the opposing team’s defense even though the didn’t touch Brady, and then in the mix of guys we let go were ones making the cheating too obvious.

“Goldstein should be a good addition here in New England.”

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-patriots-sign-nfl-referee-paul-goldstein-3-year-deal-worth-12-million/

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport says the Texans will sign guard/center Zach Fulton for — get this — $7.5 million annually. The Dolphins simply could not afford this, and even if they did, they have shown no willingness to pay that much for a guard.

I just laughed...overpay for DE's but underpay where it counts in our Oline.

I don't know where we would put him but I'd love some of the Honey Badger if he's finally healthy

The Cardinals wanted Mathieu to either take a pay cut or restructure his contract, but the Honey Badger stood firm and forced the team to release him. The Cardinals will save $4.8 million against the cap with the move or $11 million if they designate Mathieu as a post-June 1 cut. Mathieu doesn't turn 26 until May and should have a hot market after he led the NFL in snaps in 2017 and played all 16 games. His play has a dipped a bit in recent years, however.

Maybe Im out with the times. But wasn't this dude a top 5 Safety like 2 years ago?

He's had some injuries. However it's not always about how the player plays, as we were saying about Suh, it's about the contract cost. In Mathieu's case he was just making more money than the Cardinals could justify or teams were willing to trade for and he would agree to a pay cut.

Back
Top Bottom