Official Game Thread: Dolphins vs. Saints | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Dolphins vs. Saints

Unless there's a standout day one starting DE or DT the Lions WILL pick a RB that fits their system in one of the 1st to rounds of the draft, unless there's a FA RB that can be signed that can make an impact. Then they'll go defense.

Originally posted by SoCalJimbo
Not with first round talent like Edwards.

He may of came back from that injury, but he isn't a day one talent anymore. Though it's sad to say.. :(

Originally posted by Peanut

He may of came back from that injury, but he isn't a day one talent anymore. Though it's sad to say.. :(

Yup yup.
Until Edwards proves otherwise the knee injury will haunt him. And no one will spend a 4th or 5th on him.

When the hell did he not. All the chances he has had he has done well. Check his YPC last season.

When the hell did he not. All the chances he has had he has done well. Check his YPC last season.

Well I mean, he had alot of draw plays and stuff. Start him and his YPC would probably be around 3.0-3.5.

when did he start and take the pounding of a full game?
When did he prove that he is still a 1st round talent?

Hell when did he play consistantly in any game to prove that he's worth a 4th rnd pick.
YPC were good but compare it to how many carries he had compared to a starting RB.
Hell if I ran for 20 yards on 5 carries that gives me 4 yards per carry average. doesn't meen I'm a 1st round talent or worth a 4th.

Uggh. It is just a fourth.

Curtis Keaton? What did he do...

Originally posted by Hellion
when did he start and take the pounding of a full game?
When did he prove that he is still a 1st round talent?

Nuff said..

I would think that Haslett learned his lesson after Keaton.

Originally posted by Barbarian

Well, I can only go on the 2 games I saw, but he was avoiding contact and tring to finesse his way through when I have seen him run so far, while yeah, last year he ran hard a few times and gained some yardage, but so far it looks like he's really just trying to avoid injury here and save himself (allthough I didn't see his one attempt in this game, but from what I have been able to see in the other games, this appears to be the case)

I wouldent worry about Ricky, he's still the one sure thing in this O.

Ricky is not the problem to worry about it is a paper thin O-Line that may put Ricky in danger all year that is the concern. No holes opened from the 1st unit again. Pass protection OK but run blocking....... :nono:

I do not think Ricky will have any troubles this year. The interior OL is no weaker than last year and besides the mistunderstood point is that they are good at run blocking. They are not. Ricky will once again get his yards on the outside.

Ricky will pick up plenty of yards inside via the cutback, just like last year.

I do not think Ricky will have any troubles this year. The interior OL is no weaker than last year and besides the mistunderstood point is that they are good at run blocking. They are not. Ricky will once again get his yards on the outside.

Actually, the interior line started out pretty strong with the play of Nails. It fell off considerably afterward. This year not only is the interior line as weak as last year but there is a gaping hole at one of the tackles. You guys IMO are still ignoring the fact that this is a problem and if it isn't addressed will cause us some major problems. Not against Houston but as the season goes into the critical stages that OL could be singlehandedly responsible for late season collapse number 110. No matter how much the media guys and coaches are trying to sugar coat the situation, it is a problem.

Could be, but the good thing is that Dixon will be back as we get to the tough portions of the season.

Could be, but the good thing is that Dixon will be back as we get to the tough portions of the season.

That is key IMO. Especially with Nails looking like he's just not going to be the same, we can't afford to lose another solid starter from last year. Dixon is the cog in the line, he needs to come back and stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom