Official Game Thread: England vs Portugal | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: England vs Portugal

Prime Time said:
Boomer you were HUGE on Lampard and Gerrard before the WC.

I don't understand why you are so down on Frank now.

They both missed PKs today.

Se parecen a Mexico :chuckle:

Prime Time said:
Boomer you were HUGE on Lampard and Gerrard before the WC.

I don't understand why you are so down on Frank now.

They both missed PKs today.

:rolleyes2

As I told you the other day - ask any of the people here like White or @@@ or Mike - I am not a Lampard fan and never have been. Gerrard missed a penalty.......and? Doesn't make him a bad player.

Boomer said:
:rolleyes2

As I told you the other day - ask any of the people here like White or @@@ or Mike - I am not a Lampard fan and never have been. Gerrard missed a penalty.......and? Doesn't make him a bad player.

Never said it made him a bad player. But he (as well as the other players) blew their opportunities to tie/take the lead in PKs. That was pretty bad.

The Red Card was legit. England didnt lose because of that. England lost because they cant shoot a Penalty Kick.

Tone_E said:
How did that warrant a RED! Please enlighten me.

to be honest, I didn't see a red card either. In our replay you saw Rooney step on the ankle but it didn't look on purpose. For some reason our US Commentators said something about a step into the groin area :eek: but I didn't see that either.

So the red card remains a mistery BUT England played even better afterwards.

Prime Time said:
Never said it made him a bad player. But he (as well as the other players) blew their opportunities to tie/take the lead in PKs. That was pretty bad.

Not really. It's a lottery. Ricardo guessed right. Tired, cramped legs after having to defend for 62 minutes in that heat with 10 men.......I have no issue with those that missed.

Tone_E said:
How did that warrant a RED! Please enlighten me.

How did Italy Warrent a Penalty kick against the Aussies? You sure werent opposed to that.

Boomer said:
Not really. It's a lottery. Ricardo guessed right. Tired, cramped legs after having to defend for 62 minutes in that heat with 10 men.......I have no issue with those that missed.

I wonder if Ricardo took a page out of our "prep book"...

Lehman yesterday used notes on every argentinian kicker.

Bummer about Glory Ol' England.....was rooting or them....they played wonderfully with 10 men.....like the Brooklyn Dogders of long ago.....remember the mantra....get em next year (ehhhh....4 years from now)

finsmx said:
:sidelol:

Did you not see where Rooney's foot ended up?

It was unintentional, and before any whistle.

You got anything else to justify it??????

Amars said:
How did Italy Warrent a Penalty kick against the Aussies? You sure werent opposed to that.

:sidelol: Still bitter Amars. Let it go, or talk about it in the proper forum.

I though England play well, of course being with 10 men for over 60 minutes took a lot of energy out of them. Rooney red card was to liberal, He did step in " the groin area " but was not intentional. What was interisting to me, was that I though England did play better without Beckman.

Back
Top Bottom