Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia

Amars said:
Couldnt say it better myself. :nono:

I watched the game again tonight and the Aussies also had dives. Yes Italy dives but so does everyone

As for the game Italy IMO had 6 quality chances to score to Australia's 3

In the first half Australia had possesion but created no opportunities. Italy already had the ball but every time they were around the box they created a scoring threat

Ya but the fact is if the refs is going to call that foul he should of called the others before it.

wpgfishfan said:
Boomer said:
Italian football is so hilarious that when Ahn knocked them out last year, his club Chairman, Luciano Gaucci of Perugia, said that and I quote:

"I am not going to pay the salary of a guy who has been the ruin of Italian soccer."

Under pressure from FIFA they finally took back what they said, and offered to outright buy Ahn's contract out. What a disgrace. Italian football will get all it deserves when the trial for corruption goes ahead. Whether Inzaghi was onside or not, matters little.

And as for Materazzi, no he didn't but then diving in with your feet up is pretty stupid.[/quote]

Same goes for the penalty. The defender should not have been in that position

Neill shouldn't have gone to ground, but it was never a penalty. Grosso just fell over him. He'd already almost stepped inside him and then saw an opportunity to win the game by taking a tumble. Horrific.

wpgfishfan said:
One thing not mentioned is that the

#2, #3, #4, #5 countries are all out before the quarter-finals

Highlights the stupidity and utter pointlessness of the FIFA 'rankings'.

wpgfishfan said:
I watched the game again tonight and the Aussies also had dives. Yes Italy dives but so does everyone

As for the game Italy IMO had 6 quality chances to score to Australia's 3

In the first half Australia had possesion but created no opportunities. Italy already had the ball but every time they were around the box they created a scoring threat

I don't remember any Australian 'dives' and I certainly don't remember any swan dives in the area in the last minute to try and con a penalty. And it's not like the Italians don't have a reputation for it.

The refs felt pressured to end this one with the Italians winning it....it never should have come down to a late penalty kick but the refs decided to take the game out of the players hands. I am rooting for Italy, but this was not the way you want to win it. :shakeno:

Roman529 said:
The refs felt pressured to end this one with the Italians winning it....it never should have come down to a late penalty kick but the refs decided to take the game out of the players hands. I am rooting for Italy, but this was not the way you want to win it. :shakeno:

Why not. Im not ashamed, not one bit. We out shot a team who had a man advantage for 40 minutes. That stat speaks volumes, simple as that.

I always root against the Italians for these simple reasons:

1. There is no country that collectively whines like the Italians when their team is beaten. When an Italian side is knocked out, two things are certain: It's i NEVER their fault, and you'll be hearing them whine for weeks.

2. 2002. Korea beats Italy and Luciano Gaucci tries to fire Ahn and says some of the most disgraceful words ever said in football: "I am not going to pay the salary of a guy who has been the ruin of Italian soccer". What a ****ing joke.

3. 2004. Denmark and Sweden tie and Italy, a country that has battled corruption for years, accuse the countries of "fixing" the game. No one pointed out that it was probably the result of an Italian side that had more old stars than actual quality players. Again, it was not the Italians fault, but everyone else.

I hoped the Aussies would beat them last night, but it seems they were lucky to act their way to the quarters. I hope they lose there.

touborg said:

1. There is no country that collectively whines like the Italians when their team is beaten. When an Italian side is knocked out, two things are certain: It's i NEVER their fault, and you'll be hearing them whine for weeks.

2. 2002. Korea beats Italy and Luciano Gaucci tries to fire Ahn and says some of the most disgraceful words ever said in football: "I am not going to pay the salary of a guy who has been the ruin of Italian soccer". What a ****ing joke.

3. 2004. Denmark and Sweden tie and Italy, a country that has battled corruption for years, accuse the countries of "fixing" the game. No one pointed out that it was probably the result of an Italian side that had more old stars than actual quality players. Again, it was not the Italians fault, but everyone else.

I hoped the Aussies would beat them last night, but it seems they were lucky to act their way to the quarters. I hope they lose there.

:yes:

touborg said:

Was that not the game where only a 2-2 tie would knock out Italy and the game ended 2-2???

You guys are all so angry:D

Their is corruption everywhere in soccer. Is most of it in Italy? Maybe?

Why does no one talk about Germany and their match fixing scandal?

I just dont think the Italian deserve that win they didnt earn it. Australia was on the Italian side of the field for nearly the entire 2nd half. The yes above was only to be meant for this world cup not always.

wpgfishfan said:
Why does no one talk about Germany and their match fixing scandal?
Wasn't it just 1 ref in the 2nd division? (could be wrong :confused2)

and besides its funnier when its the italians :wink:

Strokes chin...

"Juventus sporting director Gianluca Pessotto has been seriously hurt in a fall from his office window.

Pessotto sustained multiple fractures in the tumble at the club's headquarters in the latest blow to the Serie A giants, who have been implicated in a masive match-fixing scandal.

The former Italy and Juventus defender was alone in his office at the time of the incident, says Italian news agency ANSA.

Pessotto took up the post of sporting director at the end of last season after 11 seasons playing for the club.

Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a press conference at the World Cup in Germany when he heard of the incident."

Straight from the school of, 'it's so obvious nobody would ever suspect us'

In shock other news, Man found in concrete overcoat; verdict: complete accident

Back
Top Bottom