Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia

FLMAO at Juventus :lol: hope Pessotto is alright though

@@@ said:
Wasn't it just 1 ref in the 2nd division? (could be wrong :confused2)

and besides its funnier when its the italians :wink:

It was one ref, two players in the second division and a few teams in the third and fourth division.

:wink:

wpgfishfan said:
Maybe I'm wrong but only 2-2 tie would knock them out and send it both Denmark and Sweden????

0-0 or 1-1 and Italy would have advanced????

Hmm. I don't quite remember, it's not relevant though.

wpgfishfan said:
You guys are all so angry:D

Their is corruption everywhere in soccer. Is most of it in Italy? Maybe?

Why does no one talk about Germany and their match fixing scandal?

Because that was different it was about gambling and in lower divisions. The italian scandal is about clubs trying to get more points and cheat and win the title that way.

~soap~ said:
Because that was different it was about gambling and in lower divisions. The italian scandal is about clubs trying to get more points and cheat and win the title that way.

That is pretty disgraceful...

wpgfishfan said:
Maybe I'm wrong but only 2-2 tie would knock them out and send it both Denmark and Sweden????

0-0 or 1-1 and Italy would have advanced????

This is what I remember too. I was there watching with Italian fans. They were complaining I think about the 2nd Denmark (or Sweden? anyway the 2nd) goal, since the ball kinda went right through the goalkeeper's hands.

While I agree that Italian fans almost always blame others when they lose, the 2-2 tie was the only possible result that would have kept Italy from advancing, so suspicion was justified. Also, in 2002, there was at least one offsides call that was not made. I think we saw that in both the Italy and Spain games, South Korea were given some gifts by the refs, intentional or not.

It's interesting to note the difference in the way Euro fans root versus Brazil fans. While there with the Italy guys, there was a HUGE amount of cursing (more than I remember with German fans). These guys stay quiet for some time, then curse loudly, then wind down with arguments until they are quiet again.

Brazil fans are different (been watching Brazil games with Brazilian fans here). They root from the beginning as if their team ALREADY won. So, it's mostly dancing to drums, very little cursing, and much less singing than EURO fans. Well, that's just my experience.

The funny thing is, during that game, I saw both Danish and Sweedis flags with spray paint on them saying "2-2 Goodbye Italy". Coincidence? Judge for yourself.

Tone_E said:
The funny thing is, during that game, I saw both Danish and Sweedis flags with spray paint on them saying "2-2 Goodbye Italy". Coincidence? Judge for yourself.

Yes, actually I think it was coincidence. Aside from one goal, the others were difficult to deliberately create. And on the one questionable goal, it was only the goalkeeper that could have been "in" on anything. You know, 2-2 is not that unusual in soccer (maybe 1 in 15 scores?), so until proven otherwise, I'm more willing to believe it was a fair game than a fixed one.

Tone_E said:

yeah as if the fans decide what the outcome will be and what the players will do. Italy was the only one to blame, you should have just won the 2 games and you would have been fine.

Tone_E said:

Oh no, most scandinavian fans wanted both teams to go through. I'm not sure how you're linking fan behavoir to play on the field though. Italy got knocked out because they played horribly, and while they could have limped their way though, like this year, it didn't happen and they thought it was a scandal. The nordic countries aren't really a place you find corruption, which is more than you can say for Italy. You got knocked out by better teams, get over it.

Tone_E said:

Oh and your point brilliantly underlines my entire point.

I'am reading all this posts and still dont understand why so many people hates Italy? I think that the bottom line is that Italy needs to be beaten in the field not with all this BS, which is easy to say, but not quite easy to do. We can ***** about Italy all night long, but they still there. They gonna win the WC? No, Germany is going to win. Is no way that Germany playing at home is gonna lose.....corruption is not only in Italy!

Back
Top Bottom