Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: Italy vs Australia

Boomer said:
Italian football is so hilarious that when Ahn knocked them out last year, his club Chairman, Luciano Gaucci of Perugia, said that and I quote:

"I am not going to pay the salary of a guy who has been the ruin of Italian soccer."

Under pressure from FIFA they finally took back what they said, and offered to outright buy Ahn's contract out. What a disgrace. Italian football will get all it deserves when the trial for corruption goes ahead. Whether Inzaghi was onside or not, matters little.

And as for Materazzi, no he didn't but then diving in with your feet up is pretty stupid.[/quote]

Same goes for the penalty. The defender should not have been in that position

Boomer said:
1. As I said earlier, I was winding Tone-e up. As he knows.
2. Did WelderPat leave? Making up stories and passing them off as truth and then trying to call someone out with supposed fact, but getting it wrong.......if that's why he left, it had nothing to do with me.
3. I have no-one on the MODS, but I'm sure you'll cry your way to complaining.

Sorry but I don't rat on someone I'd rather say it or in this case type it back to them. I can disagree with you or Section or whoever but that one comment crosses a line that should not be crossed and joking or not you should apologize for it.

wpgfishfan said:
One thing not mentioned is that the

#2, #3, #4, #5 countries are all out before the quarter-finals

Yeah but those rankings weren't exactly great.

MARINO1384 said:
They got a pk because it was a penalty. End of story. Defender was stupid and slide and committed a penalty. Stupid move on the defenders part.
Italy won fair and square, playing with 10 men for 40 minutes, is enough for me to say that Australia was not deserving to win. I want to say that Italy had 4 o 5 clear opportunities to score in the first half. The PK was not clear, but stuff like this happen all the times and this time went to the Italians. I guess is a little revenge for what the ref did to them against Korea which had the same coach.

ckb2001 said:
Yeah, my brain fart. BIG mistake (I thought they were gone already). Actually, STUPID mistake on my part :sidelol: Thanks Amars.

OK, then let's wait till tomorrow and there will be peace between the two. :D

Its OK. Tomorrow it will be like they never been in the last 16 anyways.:wink:

Tone_E said:
Here is the epitome of cheating, whinning, and diving players. Guess what, he is not Italian.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-fZ9Fje-gcE&search=rivaldo%20

Yeah but that dive earned him a contract in Italy...

In 2002 he signed a three-year contract with the Italian Serie A club AC Milan, where by the end of the 2002-03 season he won the Italian Cup and the European Champions League, but he did not play in the fina

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

HysterikiLL said:
What did Rivaldo do? :confused:

Watch that video. I had forgotten about it until I saw it just now again.

I posted links (on another thread) to the BBC and the FAZ (leading German newspaper) on the PK against the US, and those two were in agreement it was a bad call.

What's interesting is how they differ so much on the PK against the Aussies (maybe we'll be able to see a trend after awhile, or maybe the Germans hate the Italians more than the English do?):

The BBC says (on the PK): "It was reward for another superb defensive display from Marcelo Lippi's side.."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4991534.stm

The FAZ says (and I'll translate a bit here since it's worth reading):

TITLE: Geschenkter Elfmeter rettet Italien (PK present saves Italy).

1st PARAGRAPH: "Sie wollten Rache nehmen. Rache an Guus Hiddink, der 2002 mit dem Fußball-Niemandsland Südkorea den Italienern das schmachvolle Aus im Achtelfinale zugefügt hatte."

(They wanted revenge. Revenge on Guus Hiddink, who, with soccer-no-man's-land South Korea, inflicted on Italy a disgraceful exit in the round of 16.)

2nd PARAGRAPH: "Ein unberechtiger Foulelfmeter beendete die weltmeisterliche Traumreise der Australier in der dritten Minute der Nachspielzeit. Fabio Grosso stolperte mit voller Absicht im Strafraum über seinen am Boden liegenden australischen Gegenspieler Lucas Neill. Und Schiedsrichter Luis Medina Cantalejo aus Spanien zeigte in einer der folgenschwersten Fehlentscheidungen dieser WM auf den Elfmeterpunkt."

(An unwarranted PK ended the world-champion-like dream-journey of the Australians in the 3rd minute of extra time. Fabio Grosso deliberately stumbled in the penalty area over his Australian opponent Lucas Neill, who was lying on the ground. And referee Luis Medina Cantalejo from Spain pointed to the penalty spot in one of the most heavily implicating bad calls of this World Cup.)

I think my translation is pretty accurate (as any German speakers can here check). So, what is this discrepancy due to?

http://www.faz.net/s/RubC3501523C6F...BFA75F677DB43691F5~ATpl~Ecommon~Sspezial.html

ckb2001 said:
I posted links (on another thread) to the BBC and the FAZ (leading German newspaper) on the PK against the US, and those two were in agreement it was a bad call.

What's interesting is how they differ so much on the PK against the Aussies (maybe we'll be able to see a trend after awhile, or maybe the Germans hate the Italians more than the English do?):

The BBC says (on the PK): "It was reward for another superb defensive display from Marcelo Lippi's side.."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4991534.stm

The FAZ says (and I'll translate a bit here since it's worth reading):

TITLE: Geschenkter Elfmeter rettet Italien (PK present saves Italy).

1st PARAGRAPH: "Sie wollten Rache nehmen. Rache an Guus Hiddink, der 2002 mit dem Fußball-Niemandsland Südkorea den Italienern das schmachvolle Aus im Achtelfinale zugefügt hatte."

(They wanted revenge. Revenge on Guus Hiddink, who, with soccer-no-man's-land South Korea, inflicted on Italy a disgraceful exit in the round of 16.)

2nd PARAGRAPH: "Ein unberechtiger Foulelfmeter beendete die weltmeisterliche Traumreise der Australier in der dritten Minute der Nachspielzeit. Fabio Grosso stolperte mit voller Absicht im Strafraum über seinen am Boden liegenden australischen Gegenspieler Lucas Neill. Und Schiedsrichter Luis Medina Cantalejo aus Spanien zeigte in einer der folgenschwersten Fehlentscheidungen dieser WM auf den Elfmeterpunkt."

(An unwarranted PK ended the world-champion-like dream-journey of the Australians in the 3rd minute of extra time. Fabio Grosso deliberately stumbled in the penalty area over his Australian opponent Lucas Neill, who was lying on the ground. And referee Luis Medina Cantalejo from Spain pointed to the penalty spot in one of the most heavily implicating bad calls of this World Cup.)

I think my translation is pretty accurate (as any German speakers can here check). So, what is this discrepancy due to?
Darn good translation. I am impressed.

And to answer your question: whats the discrepency? Germans know soccer, the British don't.

:sidelol:

Sorry Boomer.
:wink:

I really don't know what the discrepency is. At least on here even Boomer agrees that the PK was a joke. The only ones here who think it was a good call are the "spagetti guys" (no harm, I actually like spagetti). :wink:

We play all our lives to be honest on the pitch and to work hard and I suppose
these days you fall over and get a penalty, free kick whatever. It's disappointing..."
Tim Cahill

-from dm sig she's from sydney.

Couldnt say it better myself. :nono:

Back
Top Bottom