Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Game Thread: United States vs Czech Republic

ckb2001 said:
I don't think we're seeing the US at the level it played at during qualifying. I don't know, maybe they took this too lightly, but if you look at the first half of qualifying games, the US plays with tenacity, challenging every ball.

So, while the Czechs are good, I think this is more a case of the US not playing to its potential (meaning total lack of aggressiveness) than anything else. And it's Arena who is responsible for that.

There's a significant difference between the teams you play in qualifying and Italy, Ghana and the Czech Republic. Expectations were too high after the World Cup 4 years ago, when in reality, you limped out of the group - ooh, nearly 3-0 - and then beat an average Mexican side.

OK, as far as inserting a sub that will inject aggressiveness into the game, I suggest Dempsey in for Beasely, but we'll see what Arena thinks.

ckb2001 said:
I don't think we're seeing the US at the level it played at during qualifying. I don't know, maybe they took this too lightly, but if you look at the first half of qualifying games, the US plays with tenacity, challenging every ball.

So, while the Czechs are good, I think this is more a case of the US not playing to its potential (meaning total lack of aggressiveness) than anything else. And it's Arena who is responsible for that.

Well to be fair, the countries they had to play during the qualifiers weren't exactly a scary group of teams. The level of competition between those countries and the one they are playing today is pretty steep. I think you might be right about Arena though. He's not exactly outcoaching anyone out there.

I always laugh when I see these guys rolling on the ground....very rarely are they hurt. The Italians are the best at this.

Remember Rivaldo a few years ago? Think it was against the turks when they shot a ball at his knee, he jumped into the air and grabbed his head. It was so ridiculous he was actually fined as far as I remember.

Boomer said:
There's a significant difference between the teams you play in qualifying and Italy, Ghana and the Czech Republic. Expectations were too high after the World Cup 4 years ago, when in reality, you limped out of the group - ooh, nearly 3-0 - and then beat an average Mexican side.

I agree, but you have to admit the US is playing as if they aren't trying as hard as possible.

Everyone keeps talking about what we did in 2002.....that was four years ago....I don't know why people keep bringing it up?...we are a completely different team for the most part. They should have put Freddy Adu on the team. :rolleyes:

The Czechs are just dominating this game. So much time and space and they're carving the US apart.

Nedved is still a great player.

I just dislike this style of play on the pitch today by USA.....so boring and all deep balls toward the box and pitiful.

Come on....why do other countries work the ball into the box and get off close range shots and we pass the ball out of the box and try a deep floater back in....its disheartening to watch this approach.

We do lack quantity and quality...where is our leader, our go to guy who is willing to rip it all the time?????

ckb2001 said:
I agree, but you have to admit the US is playing as if they aren't trying as hard as possible.

I don't agree. They're just being outplayed by a far superior team.

Roman529 said:
Everyone keeps talking about what we did in 2002.....that was four years ago....I don't know why people keep bringing it up?...we are a completely different team for the most part. They should have put Freddy Adu on the team. :rolleyes:

It's a source of pride for US soccer. But these games here in Europe are a much better test of where we really stand.

Don't give up yet....I heard the Aussies scored 3 goals in the last 6 minutes...ohhh man almost another Rosicky goal....he has a great leg.

The US are 2nd to every ball, they're losing tackles, conceding possession far too easily, not shutting down. The Czechs are playing at 1/2 speed and dominating.

Back
Top Bottom