*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
193px-Jacksonville_Jaguars_logo.svg.png
@
250px-Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

uxYHS3m.jpg

at Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

TELEVISION

184px-NFL_on_Fox_2014.svg.png

FOX NFL National Broadcast

Play-by-Play Announcer: Joe Buck
Color Commentator: Troy Aikman

Kickoff at 8 PM ET

320px-NFL_Network_logo.svg.png

NFL Network Replay at Friday, August 23rd at 4:30 AM ET

WEATHER

lSHtmpO.png

A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a chance of showers between midnight and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 77. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
National Weather Service Miami - forecast for Hard Rock Stadium

How much Rosen vs. Fitz playing time will we see tonight?
Good question. We are in a unique situation where both QBs could use extensive playing time with the potential starters against potential starters and with some game planning. Normally I would think that Fitz would play into the 3rd quarter.
Maybe first half Fitz, second Rosen? Maybe a couple series for Fitz, then a couple for Rosen and so on.

I'm guessing Rosen get 2-3 quarters. I doubt Fitz gets too many more reps, probably won't even dress next week.

If Fitz is week 1 starter, usually that means a half.

But I'm like you, if Fitz is your week 1 . . .may as well throw Rosen in to start against the closest thing to live action there is and see how he handles it. Give some real tape with this unit to analyze and work on going forward.

I think if Fitz is the starter he'll get the first quarter than Rosen will get 2 and 3. OL starters will probably stay in until Rudock takes over. If Fitz' time is limited like this I think there is no question he is starting week 1 as he should.

If Fitz is week 1 starter, usually that means a half.

But I'm like you, if Fitz is your week 1 . . .may as well throw Rosen in to start against the closest thing to live action there is and see how he handles it. Give some real tape with this unit to analyze and work on going forward.
Yeah typicall the starter plays into the 3rd quarter for third preseason game. Our situation is unique. If I am the coach, I know what I have in Fitz, really no reason to give him much more than a couple drives. At this point I want to see Rosen get as many snaps as possible the next two games, 5 quarters should be the goal.

The QB thing is what it is. At this point I just want to make sure they stay healthy. That said, I'm guessing Fitz gets the first half. But I wouldnt be shocked to see Flores platoon them in the second quarter.

I'm a bit more curious to see how much first half work Preston Williams gets tonight.

Also wondering how long we will play Tunsil anything more than a quarter is playing with fire imo.

It's going to be interesting watching who Miami trots out to play the 4th quarter. These are the guys we all expect to be cut. But perhaps there is someone Flores wants to give extended playing time to get a better look, Like Laird? I'm hoping both Hanks and Watson aren't who we see in the 4th quarter.

The QB thing is what it is. At this point I just want to make sure they stay healthy. That said, I'm guessing Fitz gets the first half. But I wouldnt be shocked to see Flores platoon them in the second quarter.

I'm a bit more curious to see how much first half work Preston Williams gets tonight.

Also wondering how long we will play Tunsil anything more than a quarter is playing with fire imo.
Agree on Tunsil and a couple other guys who don’t need to prove anything at this point - X for sure.

I'm guessing Rosen get 2-3 quarters. I doubt Fitz gets too many more reps, probably won't even dress next week.

I agree, though Flores won't admit it, Rosen has been better, and we all already know what we're getting with Fitz.

If Miami can get a series or two with the 1st teams (Our 1st Offense vs their 1st Defense) sometime in the 2nd quarter, it would be more benificial to the team, then leaving Fitz out there.

Rosen does still need work, and around 3 quarters for him would help.

Back
Top Bottom