*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

That’s twice now that the defense has given us the ball inside the 10 and twice Gase’s pop warner offense did NOTHING!

Concussions won't magically disappear, but the rule will help mitigate the problem. If you do nothing, the talent pool will dry up. Youth participation in football is way down. Smaller high schools are having problems fielding a team. Players have retired young to avoid concussions.

Those are all facts. Fine. I think football is going the way of the dinosaur either way.

That being said....

The other fact is football is an inherently violent sport. You're never going to make it fully non-violent so why ruin the product?

Are players supposed to fling their torsos now to make a tackle? Remember the term "arm tackle"? That has a negative connotation because arm tackles aren't effective.

So let's see... you can't use your arms, legs (tripping), or head to make a tackle. Flinging torsos seems like a fun product to watch.

Youre right. But keep it in mind, lots of newness on this team. Technically tannehill hasnt played in 1.5 years. New receivers, and running backs. New lineman and o line coach. New tight ends as well. Not making excuses, but this is not marino and shula with 13 years of uninterrupted plays together.

Yeah, new personal definitely means learning to play with each other, but I figure other teams have those issues too?

I just want to be excited by this team on offense. It'll be a grind this season if we're playing this way.

Preason games are intended to evaluate players. Playcalling is not in evaluation here folks.
It really hard to evaluate player when you call shitty plays. At least give them a chance! Also what exactly have they seen that they didn’t already know?

Back
Top Bottom