*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

Might as well shut Tannehill down for the preseason as we have nothing behind him. a big fat zero!
We might want to consider just selectively playing him during the regular season as well in games we actually have a shot at winning.

Here's the last thing I'll say about the new rule and why I don't like it.

It's purely a defensive penalty and that's not fair. Many offensive players lead with their head (drop their head) looking to bulldoze the defender coming at them. Case in point, early tonight, drake lowered his head as he was going out of bounds to obliterate the guy coming at him. They both lowered their heads, yet the only culprit is the defender?

At worst, it should be offsetting penalties. At best, the rule shouldn't exist.

Also, the rule is way way way too nuanced and open for interpretation. It ruins the game the way its currently implemented.

Wow. Not watching the game but just checked the stats... fumble city I see.

I'm not going back 15 pages to read this thread, getting game updates thru Score Mobile. I'll have to watch this on NFL Network DVR Sat morning. Sucks not seeing preseason games live!

i have a hard time understanding how when the season starts some people think we are going to magically stop sucking.

Because the guys we’re watching suck right now won’t be out there. In fact many won’t be on the team. You have to be an idiot to be writing us off based on anything we’ve seen in the 2nd half of this game. Everybody knows that right??

Hope we’re not make that judgement based on the guys we’re watching now. Lots of guys who won’t make the team out there.

No lots to worry about though. Defense very inconsistent, gase’s extremely questionable play calling, regression of a couple key players. It’s becommimg easier to see why the talking heads are predicting us dead last

If anyone is expecting us to put up 40 points and hold opposing teams to 10, this will be a long season. We are not potent enough of a team to do that. We will play well and have young guys make incredible plays. Maybe we slip into the playoffs. We are a young team.
Why, year after year, are we always a young team?

Because the guys we’re watching suck right now won’t be out there. In fact many won’t be on the team. You have to be an idiot to be writing us off based on anything we’ve seen in the 2nd half of this game. Everybody knows that right??
The 1st half of the game didn’t give me hope except for Tannehill and Drake, other than that bleh....

Just because one move won't eliminate 100% of concussions that doesn't mean it's a bad move. If it can eliminate 25% of concussions it's a good move. Watch some football from before plastic helmets. That is how individuals are supposed to tackle. We basically up-armored people thinking it would make the game safer, but the safety equipment is actually the most dangerous part of the game, because it has been weaponized.

Would you be in favor of penalizing players on offense who lead with their helmet?

What does that even mean?

And what is that with that "young team". Right now we are not that young. It may change after the cuts but right now we are below the middle of the pack. The 25th youngest team to be exact (or 7th oldest).
https://herosports.com/nfl/youngest-teams-2018-rams-browns-packers-colts-aiai

In preseason you practice the playbook and plays with your starters and evaluate the 2nd to 4th stringers.
If ypu cant figure out what it means to evalute players, you dont understand football. This team has to cut almost half the players in4 weeks. If you have 11 solid starters yes maybe you are trying scheme trials, but this team maybe has 8 to 9 solid starters on offense and defense. Are you sure youre right or just trying to defend ypu crybabiness?

Back
Top Bottom