*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

We may not be. But at least we have young talent starting to show signs of eliteness. Maybe not all iver the field, but in areas where we have sucked in the past. Our starters were winning against theirs. Their record was much better than ours was last season. Are we as deep as carolina? No, but how long has rivera been head coach? We cant compare us to them in reality and get upset in preseason.
Our youngsters on the Oline suck, our youngster LB don't look like like he's anything special (hope i'm wrong) and frankly i'm not putting anybody else on the ring outside of the old guy Wake. M Fitz has promise but I refuse to say anything until game 3 plus. Oh, and we will be QB shopping in a finger snap and we know how that goes.

I am trying to explain to you what pre-season is about. You have the complete wrong idea about it. You don't evaluate starters and/or first stringers. You get them ready for the season. You evaluated everybody after that.

I am overlooking your personal attack for now (cry babiness) and attribute it to "being overly excited".

I am ending our discussion now. Just make sure that if you respond you stay away from personal attacks.
No, it sounds like you do. Not taking shots, but if you think teams are really scheming during preseason i have to say you are wrong. Many coaches have said the same thing i am. Its like i made this stuff up.

Thomas Davis was so offended the Panthers D let Petty rush for a long TD.

Yeah first half was fine. Carolina is good, we moved the ball without our starting WR’s. Need to fix red zone. Hard to say we’re the game would have gone down 13-9 at the half. It was a tight game guys not some blowout.

My original post was referring to this
"The 1st half of the game didn’t give me hope except for Tannehill and Drake, other than that bleh...."

And my reply was I guess you missed Quinn

So now we have to make a split second judgment on who lowered their head first? I'm not as confident in human refs as you are.
It's not about lowering the head first. It's about lowering it with the intent to initiate contact. It's a pretty simple call, and both of the ones called tonight were right.

At least Petty shows some fire. It maybe against 3rd and 4th stringers but it is the only opportunities he has gotten so far this preseason.

They are not looking good right now. Very soft but maybe that's the plan. Huh? Os is garbage btw.

It's not nuanced or silly at all. If you lead with the head to initiate contact it's a foul. It's simple. Most linemen keep their head up. They might incidentally bang heads, but linemen aren't launching themselves at each other. I've heard of very few linemen getting concussions from standard line play. Most football concussions are caused by the crown of the helmet hitting the earhole.

Helmet to helmet is helmet to helmet. You want refs to now judge intent? That is silly, sorry.

Btw, a lot of linemen get concussed. Are you in favor for penalizing them the second their helmets touch?

The team doesn’t have any fluidity or rhythm. That happens when the team is all on the same page and plays become rote. People are looking at these games as a glorified practice but they are game lite. You can believe your eyes. A catch is a catch, a penalty is a penalty, a three and out is a three and out. These are indicators of your team identity, even in preseason. You get it together now or keep working on it well into the season. Other teams are way ahead at this point than we are if you watch some of them. There are elite and there are the rest and we are exactly what your eyes tell you we are at this point.

It's not about lowering the head first. It's about lowering it with the intent to initiate contact. It's a pretty simple call, and both of the ones called tonight were right.

Intent to initiate contact? You're asking refs to judge the intent of a player whose job it is to bring the guy with the ball down. Downright silly and will not eliminate 25% of concussions (a number you pulled out of a rainbow, btw)

Back
Top Bottom