*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

Not sure. It was 2016. Maybe you were playing with something instead of watching football.
You wrote
In the last three years we have made the playoffs
What you should have said is "in the last three years we mad the playoffs once". The way you wrote it could come from a Patriots fan "we made the playoffs the last three years".

Biggest disappointment of this game was Tankersley. He seems to have regressed since last season. Overall the starters were okay. Offense moved the ball but miscues killed them in the green zone. Defense had some breakdowns that they need to clean up before the regular season. Penalties are still a problem but I expect those to be cleaned up a lot before September.

Osweiler hasn't really shown anything positive so far. I think his time may be running out. Fales had an awful night but he didn't get many opportunities. Petty has made the most of the little playing time they have given him.

Not immediately it won't, because players have to re-learn technique, but over time as proper technique is emphasized and learned, concussions will drop. You keep acting like one effeort has to be 100% effective or its not worth doing, but nothing works that way. DUI laws don't eliminate 100% of traffic accidents, or even alcohol-related accidents, but should people plastered out of their minds be allowed to drive just because traffic accidents are going to happen anyway? That is dumb logic. If we have a chance to eliminate even just some percentage of injuries that are life destroying for people like Aaron Hernandez and Junior Seau we should take that opportunity.

Never did I say that, because something won't %100 eliminate a problem, we should give up and do nothing.

My point is that, due to the nature of the sport, it's a poorly written and terribly difficult to enforce rule. Please address that point and not this all-or-nothing hyperbole which I never ascribed to.

I was holding out hope that Gase was what some people thing he is. After a scrimmage and two games of the same old crap, the hope has dwindled to next to nothing

Maybe some people are just offensive coordinators plain and simple. Cam Cameron, Joe Failbin.. I know I beat the same drum at times, but we haven't tried a veteran HC in a long time, and maybe we should. Like Finominal said, yes these are preseason games but there should be something more here.

Ill give up on gase in another year. But, to be honest, i did want coughlin

Maybe some people are just offensive coordinators plain and simple. Cam Cameron, Joe Failbin.. I know I beat the same drum at times, but we haven't tried a veteran HC in a long time, and maybe we should. Like Finominal said, yes these are preseason games but there should be something more here.

It has to be that way just like any other penalty. A guy sticks his leg out to trip and misses, no flag. A guy tries to grab a jersey to stop a DL from leveling the QB and can't, no flag.

But if, as you claim, the refs are able to judge intent, and the goal is to eliminate concussions via helmet to helmet hits, why not penalize the player regardless of whether he makes contact or not?

Maybe make a whiff on a player who showed "intent" a lesser penalty, something like 10 yards. Wouldn't that make sense if the goal is to curb behavior as a whole?

Kind of like how attempted murder and 1st degree murder carry vastly different sentences.

Oh. How about, within the last three years we visited the playoffs with a rookie head coach. The following year he lost his starting qb the entire season. Then in his third year he was critisized in preseason games. Sound better? Lol

Better. But you also could just use 2 years. :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

100% agree! You practice like you’ll play. If this is how we’re going to play the 4 or 5 wins sounds about right. BTW Gase wasn’t that great an OC in my opinion. Peyton made him look better than he was. With Tannehill and cutler, Gase hasn’t done anything impressive like running a high powered offense. He’ll We can’t even get this up tempo thing right!

Back
Top Bottom