*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2 | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ Carolina Panthers Game Thread *** Preseason Wk2

Kiki Alonso is going to be riding the pine by mid season. Mark my words. McMillan and Baker are going to be starting. Alonso is absolute hot garbage. I don’t see anything in him. **** signing. Makes me mad haha. Sorry. I was happy with the rest of the game though! Play calling was frustrating. But that’s preseason. I hope.

The play calling didn’t really look much different than what we’ve seen from Gase in the regular season. He is a dink and dunk play caller. like the panther announcers said, they love playing these offenses as it’s too hard to score consistently and more often than not you win. Everybody can see this except Gase apparently

Because there has to be some balance. There are no penalties for attempted penalties in football even though plenty of rules are in place to eliminate dangerous plays: clipping/chop blocking, roughing the kicker, roughing the passer, tripping, unnecessary roughness, facemasking, horse collar tackles, etc. are all intended to remove some of the violence from the game to increase player safety, and yet none of them have fouls for attempts. That argument is just silly.

Sorry, you're the one who compared the new helmet rules to enforcement of DUIs. Just trying to follow your logic.

If the goal is to reduce concussions, why not just transition to flag football? The rule is a bogus, non-solution to injuries that still occur outside of helmet to helmet contact.

It's not about touching, it's about using the helmet to initiate contact. It's been a rule in college for a few years now, and while like any call the refs occasionally get it wrong, they get it right the overwhelming majority of the time. Those plays are infrequent enough that they aren't worth keeping if it means losing the game.

Lineman use their helmets to initiate contact on virtually every play. The differentiation with regard to the new rule is that it only applies to the ball carrier and the player trying to tackle the ball carrier. If the spirit of the rule is to reduce concussions, why not have it apply to players initiating helmet to helmet contact off the ball? The rule is way too open to interpretation and only addresses a small portion of the causes for head injuries in the sport. Imo, it's detriment to the product far outweighs its percieved benefit to player health.

Why? It is pre-season. They are supposed to do the games light hearted, with a smile and entertaining.

Some of you really take stuff to serious. :roflmao:p

But they aren't entertaining and def dont make you smile....

Instead its cringeworthy with how many mistakes they make and how bland it is... Tonight was even worse than normal, one of the worst broadcasts ive ever seen on that level tbh

The play calling didn’t really look much different than what we’ve seen from Gase in the regular season. He is a dink and dunk play caller. like the panther announcers said, they love playing these offenses as it’s too hard to score consistently and more often than not you win. Everybody can see this except Gase apparently
How many tds over 30 yrds did Stills have with Tannehill

I think you are missing the point of pre-season. The final score is meaningless. I don't mind going 0-4. The Dallas Cowboys were "losers" during their Super Bowl years as well.
The point is that you practice your playbook (or a good portion of it) during a real game environment. Even if the plays fail or the timing is off then at least you can work on it in practice and try again next preseason game. What we have done is what we do every year: short passes, dink and dunk, suck at 3rd down.
You can't work on something and correct mistakes if you don't know. That deep pass which Tannehill missed (or the receiver screwed up) was the most important pass for me. Because they can analyse, work it out and correct the mistake (whatever it was).
The point of pre-season is not stat padding. The point of pre-season is to identify kinks, problems and errors.
And one more super-important point … we made it through this game without any major injuries.

We're struggling to score tds but Tannehill looks great so I'm not concerned about the offense. Out defense is definitely going to be a major weakness this year.

Deleting the post will leave the thread. Post #2 becomes #1.

Is this your first season on Finheaven? You think this thread is bad? :laugh
Just wait for our regular season threads. :roflmao:roflmao
I used the permanent link to the individual post … clicking on that link takes you directly to the post in question. Thanks.

I honestly thought Tannehill looked good tonight. Like, real good in the ways that were relevant:

- Guys diving at his legs, didn't ****ing care. Delivered the football.
- Accurate and decisive, even if the decisions were pretty easy.
- Leg injury did nothing to impact his ability to drive the football on a 15 yard out.

Would I liked to have seen him working the middle of the field more? Yes. Delivering the ball farther downfield? Yes. Was I going to see that tonight? No. Mike Gesicki was on 'get blocking reps' duty, Ryan Tannehill was on 'get reps in 2.5 seconds or less' duty, and we were missing two of our 11 personnel starting receivers.

How many TD drives did Thill orchestrate?
Obviously this isn't a regular season game, and so everything we see on both sides is ramped down a bit. But I'd like to think that were it a regular season game, we would have seen red zone targets like Mike Gesicki and maybe even DeVante Parker, as well as Kenny Stills. Maybe Tannehill would have had better luck finishing the drive with those guys lining up. Still, it's preseason, so what would a TD or two even really meant against a team just trying not to get injured?

Back
Top Bottom