*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK2 | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ HOUSTON TEXANS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get the hate
I don't hate him, and keep saying he can be a good BU QB if he only starts here and there. Remember he looked lights out in preseason last year as well. This is vanilla O vs vanilla D. He has the physical traits of a NFL QB, it is his processing that is below average. Watch his college film and you see the same things. But to be an effective NFL starter you have to be able to process more advanced routes and a DC get tons of film on you and schemes against week in and week out. I think he can been quite efficient as a spot starter, but I think he struggles the more games he has to start in a row at the NFL level.

I think of him a little like Chad Henne. NFL size and arm. He can make some wow throws, but lacks the NFL starter level processing. But he could carve out a long career as a BU QB like Henne. Henne had the better arm but Skylar is more athletic and can runs some.

Is a miscommunication now considered grounding? I think I may have heard that.

Certainly skyler was trying to go deep to Davis, he yelled at him after the play because he hitched up.

I don't hate him, and keep saying he can be a good BU QB if he only starts here and there. Remember he looked lights out in preseason last year as well. This is vanilla O vs vanilla D. He has the physical traits of a NFL QB, it is his processing that is below average. Watch his college film and you see the same things. But to be an effective NFL starter you have to be able to process more advanced routes and a DC get tons of film on you and schemes against week in and week out. I think he can been quite efficient as a spot starter, but I think he struggles the more games he has to start in a row at the NFL level.

I think of him a little like Chad Henne. NFL size and arm. He can make some wow throws, but lacks the NFL starter level processing. But he could carve out a long career as a BU QB like Henne. Henne had the better arm but Skylar is more athletic and can runs some.
I agree

Looking good this 2nd preseason game. But we got a lot of work to do
. And a lot of work keeping our qaurterback upright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom