*** Official Miami Dolphins @ New York Giants Game Thread *** WK15 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Miami Dolphins @ New York Giants Game Thread *** WK15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eli lights this secondary up and Barkley runs all over that D. Score will prob be close again because Fitz likes to keep it interesting.

still holding on to that elusive tank dream huh? Listen if we get the 2nd pick it’s very likely to be Chase Young. However, If we get the 4th pick or later odds dramatically increase that we’ll pick Mr. Glass like you want.

still holding on to that elusive tank dream huh? Listen if we get the 2nd pick it’s very likely to be Chase Young. However, If we get the 4th pick or later odds dramatically increase that we’ll pick Mr. Glass like you want.
I doubt picking 2 v 4 has any effect on whether we pick Tua. If a GM picks any QB that high, they have a solid conviction on the guy. If they don't have that conviction, they aren't picking him with 2 or 4.

I doubt picking 2 v 4 has any effect on whether we pick Tua. If a GM picks any QB that high, they have a solid conviction on the guy. If they don't have that conviction, they aren't picking him with 2 or 4.

All I’m suggesting is that if chase young is sitting there, comparing having him to a guy who won’t play this year and whose recovery is uncertain changes the odds. If young is gone, the Tua odd improve dramatically, which is what the tankers want. So why not root for our team rather that grasp at straws hoping for losses?

Used to be every Dolphins game was on TV till Jacksonville got their team and they declared Orlando as their 2nd market. From then on it's been about half and half with either the Dolphins or Jax on TV but this year they have shown zero games here in the Orlando/Kissimmee area.
Yep

Unless they throw us a bone next week, there will be 0 televised games this season for Central FL. Man we've really hit rock bottom.

All I’m suggesting is that if chase young is sitting there, comparing having him to a guy who won’t play this year and whose recovery is uncertain changes the odds. If young is gone, the Tua odd improve dramatically, which is what the tankers want. So why not root for our team rather that grasp at straws hoping for losses?
I understand what you are saying, and it may even be valid in the irrational minds of some fans.

It, IMO, is not valid in a rational sense, from the standpoint of the GM.

If he believes the odds are against Tua as an initial premise, he's not taking him that high.

Yep

Unless they throw us a bone next week, there will be 0 televised games this season for Central FL. Man we've really hit rock bottom.
Yeah, I can understand if they want to show Jax but there's been times when Jax's not even playing and they have chosen to show two teams from out of state. If I ever hit the lotto(which I don't play very often) I'm going to buy the network and make sure we show every Dolphins game.

Yeah, I can understand if they want to show Jax but there's been times when Jax's not even playing and they have chosen to show two teams from out of state. If I ever hit the lotto(which I don't play very often) I'm going to buy the network and make sure we show every Dolphins game.
Yeah even Fox used to give us preference when we were on Fox and Tampa wasn't on at the same time. Those days are gone. I get it, we are terrible and CBS/WKMG wants to an air a good matchup but Dolfans are by far the biggest fanbase around here and we still want to want to watch our pathetic Fins. I still think they get more viewers airing us when JAX isn't on vs some other matchup.

I understand what you are saying, and it may even be valid in the irrational minds of some fans.

It, IMO, is not valid in a rational sense, from the standpoint of the GM.

If he believes the odds are against Tua as an initial premise, he's not taking him that high.

I guess I was unclear. A healthy Tua is an easy pick over Chase Young for the Dolphins. However that changed when he got hurt. The availability of Chase Young may, and should at the very least, fuel a discussion over now choosing him over Tua on overall value and immediate impact. His ability to recover aside as its is truly unpredictable. So basically If Young is off the table when we pick, the odds we take Tua increase, which is what tankers want. Still irrational in the minds of some fans?

I guess I was unclear. A healthy Tua is an easy pick over Chase Young for the Dolphins. However that changed when he got hurt. The availability of Chase Young may, and should at the very least, fuel a discussion over now choosing him over Tua on overall value and immediate impact. His ability to recover aside as its is truly unpredictable. So basically If Young is off the table when we pick, the odds we take Tua increase, which is what tankers want. Still irrational in the minds of some fans?
IMO, Tua is no longer a rational top 15 pick for any team, and not even that high with the Dolphins, as there are so many other areas of need, such as the O-line, without which, any young QB is doomed anyway.

Danny if you become CEO of the Network could please make sure all of our games are televised in Billings, Montana. HAHAHAHA! Go win that Lotto. Thanks for the morning humor. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
So who are the new guys this week we signed to play for us?
If they incur a penalty can we not post the Flo sucks posts right after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom