*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAME THREAD *** AFC Wild Card | Page 115 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS GAME THREAD *** AFC Wild Card

It was a good year but I worry about regressing next year since we got destroyed by every 'good' team we played this year.
Next season will say a lot about Gase. It will show whether we actually have something in Gase or if he is another Sporano.

Well it's been an interesting year for the Dolphins. Making the playoffs was a pleasant surprise, losing in embarrassing fashion was disappointing. I will be rooting for Kansas City and Houston next week, tired of seeing Pittsburgh & especially New England in the Superbowl. Yeah I don't want to hear how the Patriots are a lock for the Superbowl, I don't want to hear from the bandwagoners, any Patriots nut lickers, or any of their spoiled scumbag fans who were nowhere to be found prior to 2001 or even those few who hopped on their bandwagon when Parcells helped turn them around in the mid '90s. Go peddle your garbage elsewhere, I don't care to read it on a Dolphins forum.

Hopefully Gase can get some much needed personnel help before 2017 and continue to build this team into a serious contender.

Few exceptions, but Lamar Miller isn't on the same planet as Le'veon Bell. BTW, Miller makes more then Bell FTR.

You're probabaly one of the guys who believes you win by overpaying skilled players then building between the trenches.

Nobody said he's in the same planet at Bell, but RBs certainly are not dime a dozen and Miller was well worth what he was paid, which is money we didn't use to shore up any other holes. And can you please put a little more effort into your arguments? Bell is on his rookie contract, so of course a veteran is going to make more. Bell will get his well earned raise this offseason.

I'm "one of those guys" who thinks you should pay to keep your talent, particularly when the amount is perfectly reasonable. That includes OL and DL.

No. That's ridiculous. I don't get why Vance is being considered for HC positions, but if he doesn't get one he'll be back with the Fins

Agreed. Like Gase, let's see what VJ can do with a full compliment of players and with a season and good off season under his belt. I'm not ready to fold up the tent and abandon the team. They proved a lot this year by winning games with a lot of starters out and with little to no depth on the roster. This off season will go a long ways to determine the future of the team. They need to purge the roster of some dead weight, re-sign a couple of players, pick up some quality veterans and have a good draft. Can they check all of those off the list in one off season? Probably not but I would like to see them do the majority of them.

Alright well it's as usual this time of year I'm rooting for anyone to beat the pats. Have fun in the off season, hopefully we have a good draft. Stay safe everyone.

Let's add some OL to the off season wish list. Or have we forgotten that wonderful unit already? Granted, the D from LBs on back make that seem the most pressing, but the OL needs work. Two starters and better depth-no more Dallas Thomases!!

Nobody said he's in the same planet at Bell, but RBs certainly are not dime a dozen and Miller was well worth what he was paid, which is money we didn't use to shore up any other holes. And can you please put a little more effort into your arguments? Bell is on his rookie contract, so of course a veteran is going to make more. Bell will get his well earned raise this offseason.

I'm "one of those guys" who thinks you should pay to keep your talent, particularly when the amount is perfectly reasonable. That includes OL and DL.

You think Lamar miller at his salary is more valuable then Ajayi at his? Me bringing up Bell is the point. He is fabulous value for the Steelers because he is worth so little. Kenny Stills is undervalued at what he's getting paid, but if he gets a #1 WR type of contract when you have to pay you're true #1 (Landry) and #2(Parker) later, it doesn't make sense for us when you can pay a fraction of the cost to someone else. I would overpay a little, but Stills skills can be replicated.

You do realize that DeAngelo Williams looked like a pro bowler when he was subbing for Bell. He isn't nearly as dynamic but it still worked, because of Pittsburgh's offensive line and their ability for big plays does not allow you to stack the box. It's not all Bell, far from it. It's all about the offensive line. The Fins got more production by paying less then a 3rd of the cost to ajayi this year then they would have for Miller. It was proven to be a very smart decision. You sure up the Oline, you sure up the run game in our case. Anyone could see that. WHat evidence do you have that proves that a Lamar Miller type of running back is worth that contract? His 73yrds on 31 carries yesterday?

Next season will say a lot about Gase. It will show whether we actually have something in Gase or if he is another Sporano.

This year says all we need to say about Gase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But the Pats are a lock for the super bowl. Just a fact. Doesn't make me a nut licker, I hate it. The AFC has been the same for 16 years now. Needs new blood--badly! Only difference this year is no Manning so Pittsburgh gets a shot at NE rather than Denver.

and the Dolphins have a lot of money to play with in the upcoming off-season because of moves like not overpaying at a position where you can get similar production for a fraction of the cost. They knew Ajayi could be an everydown back with the right Oline, gambled and won. They made the playoffs because of it.

Back
Top Bottom