***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 234 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
photoalbum_78937733_user234217371-1.gif
STSNLTrekkiesExcited-1.gif
parksandrec-1.gif
2psf1py-1.jpg

It is interesting that none of the major sports outlets have reported anything about Gruden to the U yet. Peter King has been wrong before....sure hope he is this time.

"
ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden said Sunday night that he isn't leaving ESPN.
"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN," Gruden said in a statement. "I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job.""

ESPN.com

"
ESPN football analyst Jon Gruden said Sunday night that he isn't leaving ESPN.
"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN," Gruden said in a statement. "I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job.""

ESPN.com

Yea he is just stating the obvious . . . there will be a time and a place for him to announce this, and this is way too early. There is alot of respect for Randy Shannon, and though we wanna move quickly with this decision, there is still a process that needs to take place.

I still think Gruden is the guy.

I certainly won't put too much stock in that statement by Gruden. The word is it was Gruden who approached Miami first.

He never specifically said he would be coaching at Miami...Im at the point now though where Im not going to get my hopes up again until ESPN or another major outlet is breaking it.

Could mean something, then again perhaps not. Seen that a 49ers beatwriter reported that Gruden cancelled his "chalk talk" session with the media for tomorrow nights game. Again, maybe it means something, maybe not.

Edit link: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/11/goldson-iffy-ne.html

Before every Monday night game, ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden held a "chalk talk" luncheon with reporters and members of the community in which they share their perspectives on the upcoming game.

Gruden, of course, has become a hot name in several cities where coaching searches are expected at the end of the season. That includes San Francisco. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to ask Gruden's his thoughts on the 49ers. Monday's "chalk talk" has been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom