***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 232 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome news that we've requested to speak with gruden...i hope the university ponies up the dough, from the whispers ive heard, gruden indeed wants to make it down here...its just a matter of time n how much we're willing to spend...

Forgot to mention earlier...the players meeting that I spoke about last night, DeMarcus said that Shannon didn't even show up for the meeting today. All of the coaches were there with the exception of Shannon. Pretty lame duck if you ask me. That's not owning up to your baggage and ****ting on some damn good kids.

Also, the coaching staff minus Shannon has been told that they will be allowed to coach in the bowl game assuming they don't find other jobs before had.

South Florida radio will tell you that these big money coaches aren't happening because that's been the trend at Miami. But this time around Shalala doesn't have as much power over the situation as she would like. Kirby can make a name for himself here and have the backing of the BOT.

So, Mike Shula isn't happening. And save us of Mark Richt gets this job.

:bobdole:

JCane

that last comment regarding Richt is that a pro or anti
comment sorry couldn't decipher that one LOL

I LOVE that Shalala is now the BOT's b****. If they and Kirby have someone in mind as to who they want, money will not really be an object as the BOT basically control the purse strings.

As far as Shannon not showing up: Eh, it's his choice. I'm sure he'll talk to the guys individually.

Anti-Richt. Not a fan. He hasn't done much of anything at Georgia and he has had a lot of kids in a lot of trouble as of late. That's something Shalala AND the BOT want to stay away from. I can't believe he's actually a serious candidate for the job.

Got ya, I agree 100% on Richt never understood
why he was so respected.

I think the canes asked for permission just to let Gruden
know he's not the only man for the job

now what I find a bit interesting is did the U of G give UM
permission to interview Richt?

I believe that "if" Gruden wants the job it's his
money no object & I feel Gruden is hired by tue

Richt sucked it up at Georgia..why would we even consider him based on his on field performance? I don't care about the other off the field stuff.

Richt is a Miami guy. That's why. Same reason Shannon got the gig. Same reason Cristobal will be interviewed. No idea what was said by Georgia. Doubt growls fires Richt though. I think they would have fired him before the Georgia Tech game. You allow Richt to coach that game and give him the chance to beat a rival and earn sympathy votes.

Some guy just posted this on TMB:

I have no idea if its credible or not. Take it for what its worth.

Got this in a text. Not sure. Page doesn't exist now and that guy only had one tweet. Not sure what his connection to Gruden or Miami is either.

I haven't heard anything.

Footballnewsnow.com is reporting per Chuck Carrol
that Gruden has accepted a 3mil a year deal

don't know the credibility of that source

Too much smoke for there not to be fire IMO. Im so pumped. I hope Im not setting myself up for disappointment.

I'm in the backwoods of ****ing Georgia right now. Service is in and out on my phone in this ****hole. I don't know about this Lake Lewis guy. My contact list has taken somewhat of a hit in the aftermath of all of these firings. Probably going to lose my best contact who was a graduate assistant under Mark Whipple.

In my opinion, there's way too much smoke out there for there not to be legs on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom