***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 230 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Patrick Hills mom at Publix tonight....she said he really wants to play one more game to end his career at UM with a win. We were standing at the deli and I was in my UM gear and she started to talk to me about the game.

JCane

I really feel Gruden would give this team and the school
what it needs

the critisism that the bucs grew tired of his negative
attacks IMO won't be an issue in the college game
because they only have to deal with him for 3-4 years

Now in your opinion what are the odds of Gruden bringing
his talents to south beach?

If not gruden then who?

One other thing did Shannon get the ax because Kirby
has someone in mind as a can't miss hire?

JCane

I really feel Gruden would give this team and the school
what it needs

the critisism that the bucs grew tired of his negative
attacks IMO won't be an issue in the college game
because they only have to deal with him for 3-4 years

Now in your opinion what are the odds of Gruden bringing
his talents to south beach?

If not gruden then who?

One other thing did Shannon get the ax because Kirby
has someone in mind as a can't miss hire?
After axing Shannon they HAVE to go all out. Another coaching dud would be a disaster they cant afford. I really think they will go our and get a big name because they have to get this right this time.

It's not uncommon given the situation. Remember Notre Dame did this very recently. It makes a lot of sense.

You can't compare our sports administration to Notre Dame's, their staff is currently a joke. I have faith based on this move to quickly fire Shannon after the embarrassment today that our administration knows what they're doing. Our seniors deserve better, and our administration will give it to them.

Besides, if we were even considering declining, then they wouldn't have put Stoutland's name out there as interim coach. Why would an interim coach be needed if we didn't have one more game to play?

clear.gif

If the money is right, and I believe Miami is willing to spend it and believe me, Miami has the money. Don't let anyone feed you that broke ****. Trust me, Miami has the money to get him. It's just a matter of spending it.

Shannon got the axe because he's not getting it done. Kirby said the extension meant nothing. The reason the extension took so long to get done was because Miami wanted to position the buyout in their favor. I believe Miami got away with only paying Shannon $450,000 in the buyout. That's peanuts.

I think Gruden would be a great hire. He's a strict, in your face, highly emotional coach who we all know can get it done. But the NFL and college game is completely different. You gotta recruit here. That's his biggest question mark. But in the recruiting game he can sell that Super Bowl rings to kids and parents lol. That's a big plus.

You can't compare our sports administration to Notre Dame's, their staff is currently a joke. I have faith based on this move to quickly fire Shannon after the embarrassment today that our administration knows what they're doing. Our seniors deserve better, and our administration will give it to them.

Besides, if we were even considering declining, then they wouldn't have put Stoutland's name out there as interim coach. Why would an interim coach be needed if we didn't have one more game to play?

Not comparing administrations. I'm comparing situations. We're in the same situation that they were. It's definitely not out of the question to decline the bowl invite. Believe me, that will be discussed. Ultimately, I think it'll be a joint decision between the new coach and Kirby Hocutt.

Right now we've cleaned house. Everyone is gone. We don't have a coach. Bowl games will be announced next Sunday. Do you really think that we will hire a new coach and then the new coach hires an entire staff before the announcements are made? That's pushing it. We won't get a decent bowl so that cuts out even more time because we'll play earlier.

JCane

ok so the U as the money & willing to spend

reading between the lines with all the reports that circulated
regarding Grudens interest in the UM job, his he the #1
candidate at this time?

My gut tells me Gruden pressured the adm into this decission(which I'm ok with)
can we expect a time table on a hire to be announced tomorrow?

No. Don't expect anything tomorrow.

What you'll see tomorrow is a staff meeting at 9:00AM. A player's meeting with Shannon and his staff at 10:00AM. And then Kirby will hold a press conference to formally announce the firing of Randy Shannon. He'll give you a bland explanation of what will happen next and he'll announce a national search and Miami is out to win titles and blah blah blah. Something will happen soon though. Give it a week. Anything beyond that and I'm going to be worried. But they will move quickly I believe. Kirby doesn't want to drag this out because it will hurt recruiting.

It appears that the entire staff is not gone because your OL coach has been assigned as the interim. As for Gruden, I seriously doubt the U goes from paying their HC $500K per year to at least $4 mil per year, which is what it would take to entice Gruden. The U does not have the money and if they did, won't spend it there. Shalayla is more into academics then sports. If the football program could generate revenue it could be considered. But with a small budget for football, you won't get a big name HC. Sorry guys but that is reality. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Ted, you'd be surprised at the amount of money the University has to spend. I was very surprised myself. And I think Shalala's hand is forced here.

well supposedly a rumor going around the Michigan athletic department is that we are going to sign Harbaugh and you guys are going to take RichRod. TIFWIW

Rich Rod comes with too much negative light. That's why Shalala didn't hire Mike Leach after Coker was fired. Dude was a nut case during the interview.

I'm not saying that we definitely hire Gruden, but right now his name is high on the list. And he was in Miami on Wednesday from what I was told. The same day the BOT held a big meeting.

Other names on the list right now are Mario Cristobal at FIU and Mark Richt at Georgia.

:bobdole:

Mark Richt makes no sense to me considering the number of arrests at Georgia recently.

Rich Rod comes with too much negative light. That's why Shalala didn't hire Mike Leach after Coker was fired. Dude was a nut case during the interview.

I'm not saying that we definitely hire Gruden, but right now his name is high on the list. And he was in Miami on Wednesday from what I was told. The same day the BOT held a big meeting.

Other names on the list right now are Mario Cristobal at FIU and Mark Richt at Georgia.

:bobdole:

Mark Richt makes no sense to me considering the number of arrests at Georgia recently.
What has Cristobal done? I honestly have no idea if he would be good or bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom