***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 228 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon getting fired is the most swag I've seen from this team in a LONG time...:lol:

what is the consensus on gary patterson? would we want someone like him? i mean the guy has put together a SQUAD at TCU of all places...just throwing another name in the hat...

I'd be stoked, to say the least, if Gruden was the next HC.

Thanks again JCane for keeping us all up to date.

2010, the year of the Miami coaching changes. (Fredi Gonzalez & Shannon out, Spolestra and Sparano's jobs are nowhere near safe)

what is the consensus on gary patterson? would we want someone like him? i mean the guy has put together a SQUAD at TCU of all places...just throwing another name in the hat...

He'd be a solid hire as long as he brought Dick Bumpas with Jim. But inhighly doubt Patterson would leave TCU right now.

thanks Cane, even though the heat suck, and the dolphins n canes are mediocre...this has made my weekend...

the reason i bring up patterson is because im thinking maybe he sees that TCU is going to be continually looked over even if they go undefeated....maybe he feels if he goes to a major program, like miami, he can get to the mountain top...

think of the coaches that have had major success with miami, jimmy, schnellenberger, butch, i dont think any of these guys had previous ties to the university before winning big here...

Patterson is holding out because it won't be long and TCU will be in a BCS conference beit the Big East or the Big 12(10).

thanks Cane, even though the heat suck, and the dolphins n canes are mediocre...this has made my weekend...

the reason i bring up patterson is because im thinking maybe he sees that TCU is going to be continually looked over even if they go undefeated....maybe he feels if he goes to a major program, like miami, he can get to the mountain top...

think of the coaches that have had major success with miami, jimmy, schnellenberger, butch, i dont think any of these guys had previous ties to the university before winning big here...

Schnellenberger was actually the OC for the Fins so he knew the area, and Butch Davis was a Hurricane assistant from 84 to 88. Jimmy did not have any ties to your program or area.

Point is, in this day and age you need to be familiar with the area even if you aren't from that school. There are exceptions (Urban Meyer), but if you have got to understand what the area and school are like and if not, you better be a damn good salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom