***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 227 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to move on and bring this program back to where it belongs. ON TOP!!!

New beginning...I've witnessed the great years and I really want my newborn son to grow up with great UM football

Apparently there was a BOT meeting on Wednesday and it was decided that regardless of today's outcome, Randy Shannon was gone.

Not only was this meeting held on Wednesday, but apparently Jon Gruden has been in Miami since Wednesday. I don't know how true this is because of the holidays and I heard a while back that Gruden was looking for homes in the Baton Rouge area. That bit of info I'm not too sure on. That's not coming from one of my more trusted sources.

HOWEVER...

I do believe that if the entire staff was canned, something is already in place. There has to be to save the recruiting season despite the fact that we're only taking 15 this season. I should know a lot more tomorrow after the player's meeting. But expect an official source shortly.

Personally, at the top of my list is Pat Fitzgerald. But I would be very happy with Gruden. Wouldn't complain a bit. You would see a significant improvement immediately. We'd have a stout defense and we wouldn't be soft anymore. Gruden would toughen the team up after one meeting let alone his first Greentree practice.

I'd go after Dan Mullen if I was Miami... although he might not leave Miss. St. for UM...:lol:

I'd give it a shot though...

I doubt yet. Mullen actually has a lot of talent coming in to Miss State next year, and a couple of the big SEC schools are prolly looking at down years. Also doubt Bilema leaves Wisconsin, he has a great thing going there. Also, as good a coach as he is, he is not a great recruiter. He keeps the top guys in state though (John Clay, Josh Ogelsby). From what I've seen from Miami, recruiting is just as big as coaching

As for Shannon, I remember a lot of people loving the hire when it happened. I think they go after Greg Schiano. A dark horse to me might be Kevin Sumlin

Personally, at the top of my list is Pat Fitzgerald. But I would be very happy with Gruden. Wouldn't complain a bit. You would see a significant improvement immediately. We'd have a stout defense and we wouldn't be soft anymore. Gruden would toughen the team up after one meeting let alone his first Greentree practice.

Pat Fitzgerald is a great coach too. He took over as HC after being no more than an LB coach. He has gotten Northwestern some good talent compared to what they are used to (Not a great place to recruit to), and has them competitive. He's on my shortlist for Michigan too if Rodriguez gets fired (Jimmy Harbaugh is number one)

Wow, very swift move to fire him..I guess The U knows what it takes to win and will not accept more of this bad football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom