***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 593 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always play miserably at Conte Forum, even our best teams have had trouble up there. Coach L not being there didn't help matters.

We'll still make the tournament, but it won't be a deep run.

This team is a huge disappointment. I know Bruce is out, but I had great expectations coming into the season (thought Sweet 16 would be likely and Elite 8 a big possibility). One and done if they make the tourney.

That loss to Wake Forest is as bad as the football team's loss to Pitt. To me that makes us a bubble team.

This team is a huge disappointment. I know Bruce is out, but I had great expectations coming into the season (thought Sweet 16 would be likely and Elite 8 a big possibility). One and done if they make the tourney.

That loss to Wake Forest is as bad as the football team's loss to Pitt. To me that makes us a bubble team.

Agree, this team showed zero energy against UVA and that loss to BC... very inconsistent team.

Agree, this team showed zero energy against UVA and that loss to BC... very inconsistent team.

UVa was understandable, though. They've got probably the best D in the country...though I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the style of ball they play will ultimately wind up knocking them out of the tournament, because someone will get hot against them, it happens to all of Bennett's teams.

BC...just a perfect storm. Coach L was out, and we never play well up there, not even our best teams.

Bruce Brown being out really hurts us. As I've said, we'll still make the tournament, but we're probably a one and done type of team, not a deep run or anything, unless something really crazy happens.

Nice win against Notre Dame last night..was working a high school tournament double header and missed it. Huge road win for our tournament chances.

Craig Kugilowski the DL coach left...to go to Alabama it sounds like.

Huge loss. Not so much in recruiting, but definitely coaching-wise. Hopefully we get someone like Kelvin Patrick from NCState or something.

Big loss but like you say not much of a recruiter. I'd take Patrick in a heartbeat.

As far as "Coach Kool" went for recruiting, I thought he was awful at it, absolutely awful. Seemed very disinterested, and we didn't land the guys we should have on the defensive line. However, I did think he did a great job with the guys we had on the DLine this year, especially the younger guys. That will be a huge loss there.

We need a guy that can recruit on defense the same way guys like Hartley are recruiting on offense. We had a great class this year...definitely could have been better, but it was still a pretty awesome one. Give me a guy like Patrick, or even Greg Mark again. No reason we can't get those types.

I think Patrick is making something like $350K/year at NCSt? We could offer him $500k (or something higher) and no state income tax in Florida. Plus, he's a UM Alum...look at the wonders he did with NCSU's line this year. Would be a great hire, and I thin he'd do a great job recruiting.

I read coach Kool played for Saban at Toledo. **** both of them

Who is he replacing at Bama ? I would interview that guy for sure. Bama's D line is always solid.

I read coach Kool played for Saban at Toledo. **** both of them

Who is he replacing at Bama ? I would interview that guy for sure. Bama's D line is always solid.

He went to the NFL I think (the guy he replaced)...plus, Bama plays a different style of DLine play than we do at UM.

I don't think Kool is long for Bama though, he strikes me as staying there for a few years and then heading for the NFL, which is where I originally read he was going to begin with (Tampa Bay).

**** that lazy bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom