***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 605 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick, do you ever bring any facts to a debate? Honest question...

Do you have any idea how many rosters Saban has already had at Alabama that had over 30 players drafted from it?
I just said 38 drafted players, and it was said above 17 in the first round. Why do I need to bring facts when they were already said and very obvious. Those are mind boggling numbers. If You wanna argue that it seems to me you have the burden of facts

I'm going to point one other thing out regarding some of those 1st round picks from the 2001 Miami team that the media never acknowledges for some reason....all the flat out busts.

Jerome McDougle - Bust
Mike Rumph - Bust
William Joseph - Bust
Phillip Buchanon - Bust

Shockey was a great player, but Winslow Jr. wasn't very good, 5 TD's is the most he ever scored in a season. That and he's a criminal mental case.

Roscoe Parrish was a decent punt returner, but I don't think he ever even made it beyond a 4th receiver in the NFL. 2nd rounder is a steep price to pay for that.

I don't think Jamal Green or Andrew Williams had much more than a cup of coffee in the NFL for a couple of 3rd and 4th round picks.

There's a few facts. I'm just saying there's more to the story.

Fair enough. But I guess that's the question. How do you measure most talented team? Is it based upon draft status?Statistics during that season? Eventual NFL success? Alot of talented players bust wouldn't you agree?

I could argue that Nick Saban elevates his players above themselves whereas Miami had Larry Coker who I believe is widely considered a lack luster coach

Might be a matter we never agree on. I didn't mean to offend or come in as attacking. I just find it funny whenever Miami is talked about as good you come in saying Alabama is better

Fair enough. But I guess that's the question. How do you measure most talented team? Is it based upon draft status?Statistics during that season? Eventual NFL success? Alot of talented players bust wouldn't you agree?

I do agree with that. My point is that if this is the criteria they choose to use, it's incredible to realize that the Alabama roster from 2017 is likely going to surpass those benchmarks. Like I said, check back in 3 years. I feel like this is one of those posts that age well, Nick.

I don't have a problem with the 2001 Miami Hurricanes being considered the best team on paper. But it's not the critieria I would use to determine such a thing. Secondly, using that criteria, they'll be considered the 2nd best in a few years.

You have to understand me here....I don't want you to feel like I'm so much anti-Miami Hurricanes. I'm more anti-sports media.

I do agree with that. My point is that if this is the criteria they choose to use, it's incredible to realize that the Alabama roster from 2017 is likely going to surpass those benchmarks. Like I said, check back in 3 years. I feel like this is one of those posts that age well, Nick.

I don't have a problem with the 2001 Miami Hurricanes being considered the best team on paper. But it's not the critieria I would use to determine such a thing. Secondly, using that criteria, they'll be considered the 2nd best in a few years.

You have to understand me here....I don't want you to feel like I'm so much anti-Miami Hurricanes. I'm more anti-sports media.
Sorry if sometimes i don't bring facts certainly something i can work on

Sorry if sometimes i don't bring facts certainly something i can work on

Not a problem. Sometimes I just come in here to stir all you jarheads up...kinda like kicking an ant bed. Because there's not enough college football discussion.

God I can't wait for football. Only 4 weeks I believe for college

Well we both have a few more on the way. We'll be tied at 8 when Andre Johnson goes in.
Jimmy Graham is worthy I believe. But he's still active of course. Frank Gore too

Last edited:
No way he gets in. Olsen would probably go before him IMO but even that is doubtful.

I'm going to create a thread where we revisit some poll controversies from the late 70's all the way up to the end of the BCS era circa 2012. It'll be a nostalgic trip down memory lane for many old enough to remember, and we'll be able to relive some of these moments right here in this forum. Hopefully maybe even generate some discussion.

This thread got me thinking how much starting Hurts over Tua probably hurts the perception of last year's Bama team in regards to their place among the best teams. They could have run the table and been more flashy dominant with Tua I think. Im not sure Bama gets shut out the last 25+ minutes of the Iron Bowl with Tua.

Then again, it may have been a blessing to not have to play an SECCG against UGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom