***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 625 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perry missed like 60% of his passes lol

But he got better as the game went on. Good win

Really shows u how overrated that stat is by itself. It's a good complimentary stat but Perry came up aces in the 2nd half and all 4 of his touchdown throws were money.

Really shows u how overrated that stat is by itself. It's a good complimentary stat but Perry came up aces in the 2nd half and all 4 of his touchdown throws were money.

Perry was placed in a bad situation due to the play calling. Richt's run up the middle approach put us in many 3rd down (and long) situations.

Dam. I am glad that none of you sat next to me and I hope with that attitude you will never sit next to me. Rereading some of this stuff is just horrifying. Why are you watching the game? :lol:

I had my worries before the game and the first half totally proved me right. We came out flat: offense, defense, kicking, punting, coaching - flat. We made FSU look better than they are.
Thankfully we pulled it together in the 2nd half though we have to learn quickly to put teams away and not let them hang around.
Perry was off and on but you can see how special he will be one day. It was his second start and I am impressed how composed he was after pretty much everything went wrong for 2 plus quarters. Richt did him no favors not starting him from the first game on.
I am not sure why Richt decided to go for it on 4th and 3 towards the end of the first half. It gave FSU another 3 points which was completely unnecessary.

Kicking game: what is wrong with the punter and FG kicker? All they do is kick and punt the ball in practice. That's their only job. They were a complete **** show today.

Overall we made it harder on us than it should have been but it was FSU. I take that win any day.

Next up two Saturday night games away from home. They should be winnable but it seems nothing comes easy for us.

Too bad LSU lost today. It kinda makes our loss to them look more ridiculous.

Two top 10 teams already lost today. Auburn (8) is struggling right now and ND (6) could be in the loss column as well.

Perry was placed in a bad situation due to the play calling. Richt's run up the middle approach put us in many 3rd down (and long) situations.

The play calling was a bit forced because both tackles were getting whooped in addition to the center. It's why after halftime they put the true freshman in at RT and kicked Donaldson inside.

Perry is a passer first but he isn't as aware as Malik was in regards to how bad his oline is, so he is more prone to the blindside strip sack type of turnovers. Perry is trying to make a play and Malik just takes off every time.

Richt played it well IMO, even if it wasn't very appealing. He didn't want to completely lose the game. FSU was running oof adrenaline for 2+ quarters and eventually the tank got low and they unleashed the dogs on defense and allowed Perry to open it up.

We gotta remember that Perry was making his second start in a big time rivalry game.

Some devastating news. Ahmad Richards career is over. Feel so bad for a great kid

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219622960.html

Devastating indeed. He was my favorite recruit from that class and my favorite Canes wide receiver threat in a long time.

I thought the combo of Thomas and Richards has potential to be among the best in the country.

I'm still not sure what happened. The 2017 injuries seemed to be leg related. Then he dove for the awful Rosier pass against LSU. Supposedly he yelled at Rosier at halftime of that game. They did not have good rapport.

I'm so sick about this I haven't read the articles. I gather it is neck related

Some thoughts on the game:

* Very fortunate to escape. The 14 point spread was a joke so I was worried all week the Canes would be overconfident, especially after playing a ridiculously soft North Carolina team last week. Everything works against North Carolina, plus you can abuse their offensive line. So no kidding the Canes will be stunned and take time to adjust when suddenly the opponent across from them is not only not a cupcake like North Carolina, but far superior than conventional wisdom allows

* Current form is worthless. I'll never understand why people make that the top variable. There is no class edge among Miami and Florida State. There is no talent gap. Very, very rare to get a program as talented as Florida State +14 points when not exactly facing a juggernaut. Heck, Miami was -10.5 vs. Toledo

* Rushing attempts are vital to success and kept Miami in the game. I never thought it was hopeless as long as I kept checking that category on the rim of the stadium, with Miami dominating. It's amazing how frequently the result works its way back to loyalty with that stat

* Pivotal play was illegal use of hands on Florida State right tackle (I believe) on the third down successful pass play in the middle of the third quarter. Seminoles led 27-7 at the time and the crowd was not invested. Miami had a penalty also but the offsetting penalties allowed a replayed 3rd and 6, which was destroyed for a jarring turnover. Suddenly the game changed on a dime and the crowd never shut up again

* Another huge play was when Florida State early fourth quarter had a trick play call with Francois begging for the snap. It was an attempted double pass but basic problem when the wideout didn't come close to dropping back for an actual lateral. Easy touchdown nullified. I've seldom seen a play like that set up so perfectly and 2/3 of it executed perfectly other than the receiver apparently not grasping the basic rules of the play

* I couldn't believe Florida State didn't allow Miami to score on the final possession. It was the classic set up down by 1 and with few time outs and the clock dwindling in which by far your best option is to intentionally allow the touchdown so you trail by 8. There were multiple clock stoppages so Florida State had several chances to figure out the basic math and strategy, but never did. I'm not convinced the Canes' coaching staff figured it out either, by telling the running backs to try for the first down but make sure not to score

* Parking was a disaster. Major disaster. This was the first huge Canes game since the new parking lot configuration with the tennis courts. I arrived 75 minutes before kickoff but the road I have used for 9 years to the Orange lots was blocked off. How was I supposed to know that? I rolled down the window and expressed frustration to the security cop. He said, "I'm sorry, sir. Everyone is saying that. But the lot filled so early we were caught off guard. You'll have to loop around and try that entrance."

What a farce. He was directing me to drive roughly 500 yards in bumper to bumper traffic to the RaceTrac gas station, then do a U-turn and go all the way back to a gate that was now behind me. I did that and it took more than 20 minutes. While within sight of the new gate, now that one was closed and locked. We were told to try another gate. That was another 15 minutes but before we got anywhere close to that gate we were waved out of the lane and told that lot was now closed. I was furious. People in other cars were throwing their hands up in disgust. I saw two cars speed up and drive away. I doubt they attended the game at all.

I would have given up and drove home other than during the loop I saw a sign to Lot 19 alongside a canal heading west. The sign said free parking. I had no idea a free parking option existed at that stadium. I don't mind a walk. I headed back there and indeed the lot was open. I wasted my Orange parking pass but didn't care. I parked seemingly two miles from the stadium but the walk was decent exercise and I made it into my seat 2 minutes before kickoff.

* The guy who always sits next to me wasn't there. That is impossible. He never misses a game and is in his seat dependably 30 minutes before kickoff. I texted him. Unbelievable. The same parking mess happened to him...almost word for word. He and his son decided to give up on the stadium and head to a sports bar. That's where they were when I texted him. I told him about Lot 19 and my experience. The father didn't want anything to do with that type of walk but the son took my advice and drove to Lot 19. He made it into his seat alongside me by the middle of the second quarter.

* Not many Canes games will feature that type of tailgating timetable and size of crowd, but the parking people need to do a vastly superior job of preparation for the games that do qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom