**Official Mini Camp Reports Thread - 6/10 Morning** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Mini Camp Reports Thread - 6/10 Morning**

BrazForPhins said:
I don't know if someone said it here..but...it's so freakin good to have something to discuss about :rofl3::gossip::rofl3:
Ditto that. Good reading and thanks to all for their reports from camp.

AtlantaPhin said:
Ditto that. Good reading and thanks to all for their reports from camp.

At this time of the year, these guys are gods to me :D
I'm here since last year's second semester though I read finheaven since 2004 january

LarryFinFan said:
If you're referring to the pain that Feeley went thru with his hip and ribs last year, I have to dissagree strongly with you...That man was in PAIN and he kept taking the hits, kept taking the beating since the OL was not protecting him. He showed a lot of class in not berating his OL and blockers last year, just perservering...There is a limit to pain threshold and it was surpassed by Feeley in several games last year. I didn't see Feeley showing frustration during the games or in post game interviews, he never blamed anyone but himself...If there had been other options at QB for us last year, when Feeley got hurt, he would have been pulled. You need to go back and re-watch those 2 or 3 games he played hurt in and you'll see something different than "him showing blood"....

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head!

LarryFinFan said:
If you're referring to the pain that Feeley went thru with his hip and ribs last year, I have to dissagree strongly with you...That man was in PAIN and he kept taking the hits, kept taking the beating since the OL was not protecting him. He showed a lot of class in not berating his OL and blockers last year, just perservering...There is a limit to pain threshold and it was surpassed by Feeley in several games last year. I didn't see Feeley showing frustration during the games or in post game interviews, he never blamed anyone but himself...If there had been other options at QB for us last year, when Feeley got hurt, he would have been pulled. You need to go back and re-watch those 2 or 3 games he played hurt in and you'll see something different than "him showing blood"....
:yeahthat:

greatwade said:
A little bit more everyday, I'm ticked about the Feeley pick up. One of the biggest problems I have with him, and Nick Saban specifically addressed this personality trait at the banquet. "Even when things aren't going your way, even when you are banged up a bit, you are NOT to show frustration or pain, outwardly, or your opponent will be energized and pick up on it like a shark on blood". Feeley is the poster child for WHAT NOT TO DO. Whether it be his hand or *** or emotions (some of you may say this is great). He didn't even appear interested all that much at the banquet. I sat 10 feet from him, and watched him most the time. I just think he's a bit soft. I really hope Gus can take over... Sorry if this is off topic. My $.02. Couldn't make it to today's sessions...

You are a wannabe fool. I've won championships and coached them... not in football, but a physical sport.

I could not care less if my boys "show frustration or pain." All I care about is if they are winners. They are NOT mutually exclusive traits. In fact, the best winners I've played with and coached are often frustrated.

They need to be frustrated to be leaders. Without that frustration, they won't tell the idiotic followers what to do. Some of them need to get pissed to take over a game.

Case in point: Marino. Can you honestly say he never showed frustration? His freaking Canton mug should have that curled lip, "what the f*** were you thinking" expression.

As to the pain part, I'm going to insult you. You've either never played big-time sports or you have never had anything other than a minor injury in sports. Cubicle life (I'm a cubicle dweller) offers very few opportunities to severely pull your groin or hamstring. Sounds easy to play "through the pain" huh? Try it.

People think it is easy to be an athlete, just because they can think about how easy it should be to be an athlete. But most of those people were never athletes. They wish they were.

laxcoach said:
You are a wannabe fool ...
As to the pain part, I'm going to insult you. ...

He is entitled to his opinion without being insulted, its in the TOS.

aj has a nice touch i just think the injuries caught up to him and he is now getting scared again!! must of watched film from last year the year b4! ha ha ha!!!! any who just keep up dating boston, rookies, and aj! i must know!

AtlantaPhin said:
I disagree. Yes you are correct on the QB part of the red jersey. However, I've seen Miami do this before with Wanny's camps with the LB's and CB's. They will wear a different colored jersey to emphasize where they are supposed to be on a certain play call. It helps the other players on the D understand their role in conjunction with the odd colored jersey player.

If Moore was injured do you really think they would make him participate in contact drills in Minicamp in June?

Your sort of correct. They put a cloth with red, or yellow on the helmets if an offensive player wearing a white practice jersey is playing defense.

The red jersey means you do not touch the player. Always has been like that.

WestVirginiaFan said:
How did my buddy Kay Jay do today?

I'm probablly not going to write anything up from this afternoons session because by the time im thru writing it, the morning session will be over.

But I'll answer some of these. Kay Jay made an outstanding one handed grab when it was pouring the hardest. He looks pretty good running, but to me Gordon looked the best out of the Rb's.

greatwade said:
TGall13, I suppose you are right. But just the fact that his attention wasn't even 100% when his head coach and teammates were speaking bothered me.

The first hand accounts of him not doing well under pressure here at the first camp got me thinking... maybe he's not very coachable??

Who knows. His date was pretty hot, maybe that's why he couldn't pay attention. Swear to goodness, she was looking over at me, and I smiled back. I could see him getting pissed at me.

oh brother!:rolleyes:

guys ... please ...someone...(gasp,gulp for air)...information...from camp...and individualize the reports...thanks:cry:

Ozzy said:
Your sort of correct. They put a cloth with red, or yellow on the helmets if an offensive player wearing a white practice jersey is playing defense.

The red jersey means you do not touch the player. Always has been like that.
Not that you needed the confirmation... but... :D

From Saban's post practice interview:

(On the status of the other guys in the red shirts) – “I think you’re going to have to get used to this red shirt stuff and I’m not going to probably make comments about this, especially during the season every time a guy wears red shirt. A red shirt to us, in our organizational scheme of things, is to indicate that a guy was not full speed for some reason today. Which means that we would like for him not to have contact, not to get knocked on the ground, which we don’t want to do that to anybody in this kind of stuff. But be especially careful when playing around a guy that has a red shirt.

Back
Top Bottom